Welcome Spotless. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to hearing your ideas on things. Sounds like you had an interesting childhood.
It was indeed. It was a normal childhood actually, but just a little unusual. It was very quiet on times, it was just mainly in the evenings that we would experiences.

It was indeed. It was a normal childhood actually, but just a little unusual. It was very quiet on times, it was just mainly in the evenings that we would experiences.
Glad to see you. Please join us for the live chat and shows. I'm sure you would have some good imput. We gather at 10 pm for a show tue - sat

Reactions: Spotless bin
My family and I lived at a large property called 'Gladstone villa, in the former mining town of Bargoed which is in the Caerphilly county borough of the South Wales valleys, UK, throughout the 1970's

We experienced things that defied rational explanation like footsteps that regularly took place in the main bedroom, which belonged to my grandparents.

We would hear the footsteps every evening when we'd all be downstairs watching TV, one of us would turn the volume down to hear the footsteps more clearly .

We also had minor poltergeist activity, lights would go off and on and I witnesses electrical cables being pulled by unseen forces from the bedroom, my grandfather Bill once claimed that a glass bottle was thrown at him when he entered the room, I still remember him coming downstairs with the bottle in his hands.

There was also the occasional sighting, but this was very rare indeed, so rare in fact that in all the years I was there I didn't see it, but my mother did.

One evening we were watching TV when my mother Caroline just looked to her left and she saw the full figure of a monk standing behind the sofa.

We didn't see it as we were watching TV but my mother later described it in detail with typical monks brown habit and hood over the head, so she didn't see his face !

It got so bad that we slept down stairs with the lights on.

We had the ghost so long that my grandmother Rita gave it a nick name, she called it 'Johnny'

Local police were involved, as well as a priest who blesses Gladstone villa and after a few prayers he duly left.

A local medium was also called, he asked the family questions she began by challenging the spirit to perform by knocking on the ceiling, the spirit immediately knocked back at him !!

At some point the medium went into a trance to try and make contact but he failed to get a name, but he later said that there was indeed a presence there and it was an earthbound spirit !!

We left Gladstone villa in the Summer of 1978 when two local business me by the name of John and Aldo Ricci bought the property

I did some research into the history of the area and I found out some very interesting things indeed !!

What I have said here is the truth and I wouldn't share any of this if I couldn't possibly back that up, and I challenge any skeptic to stay there and I can assure them that they will indeed question their own beliefs, of that I have no doubt at all what so ever and I'm deadly serious and quite sincere about it.

Reactions: Lynne
My family and I lived at a large property called 'Gladstone villa, in the former mining town of Bargoed which is in the Caerphilly county borough of the South Wales valleys, UK, throughout the 1970's

We experienced things that defied rational explanation like footsteps that regularly took place in the main bedroom, which belonged to my grandparents.

We would hear the footsteps every evening when we'd all be downstairs watching TV, one of us would turn the volume down to hear the footsteps more clearly .

We also had minor poltergeist activity, lights would go off and on and I witnesses electrical cables being pulled by unseen forces from the bedroom, my grandfather Bill once claimed that a glass bottle was thrown at him when he entered the room, I still remember him coming downstairs with the bottle in his hands.

There was also the occasional sighting, but this was very rare indeed, so rare in fact that in all the years I was there I didn't see it, but my mother did.

One evening we were watching TV when my mother Caroline just looked to her left and she saw the full figure of a monk standing behind the sofa.

We didn't see it as we were watching TV but my mother later described it in detail with typical monks brown habit and hood over the head, so she didn't see his face !

It got so bad that we slept down stairs with the lights on.

We had the ghost so long that my grandmother Rita gave it a nick name, she called it 'Johnny'

Local police were involved, as well as a priest who blesses Gladstone villa and after a few prayers he duly left.

A local medium was also called, he asked the family questions she began by challenging the spirit to perform by knocking on the ceiling, the spirit immediately knocked back at him !!

At some point the medium went into a trance to try and make contact but he failed to get a name, but he later said that there was indeed a presence there and it was an earthbound spirit !!

We left Gladstone villa in the Summer of 1978 when two local business me by the name of John and Aldo Ricci bought the property

I did some research into the history of the area and I found out some very interesting things indeed !!

What I have said here is the truth and I wouldn't share any of this if I couldn't possibly back that up, and I challenge any skeptic to stay there and I can assure them that they will indeed question their own beliefs, of that I have no doubt at all what so ever and I'm deadly serious and quite sincere about it.
Wow that had to be a scary place. Do you feel that everyone that lived there came out ok? Very traumatic to live under those conditions.

Last edited:
Wow that had to be a scary place. Do you feel that everyone that lived there came put ok? Very traumatic to live under those conditions.
It was indeed scary at times, but still, even with all that, we did live relatively normal lives. My family would get me up for school without any incidents. The activity would mainly take place in the evenings when we would be watching TV, we would hear a sound in the bedroom, and one of us would say ''Johnny's started'' and one of us would turn the volume down to hear the footsteps more clearly !

It was indeed scary at times, but still, even with all that, we did live relatively normal lives. My family would get me up for school without any incidents. The activity would mainly take place in the evenings when we would be watching TV, we would hear a sound in the bedroom, and one of us would say ''Johnny's started'' and one of us would turn the volume down to hear the footsteps more clearly !
That had to be something , thanks for sharing