ISIS Watch Thread

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Since Art continues to watch the situation with ISIS, I am starting a thread for all ISIS info. I am reposting some info to begin from YETI. Please put all ISIS related info here to share with others.

Reactions: 7Critter
Belgian PM announces a 'serious and imminent' threat against Brussels

Belgium's prime minister said Sunday that the country’s capital is maintaining the highest terror alert for a sustained “serious and imminent” threat.

Prime Minister Charles Michel told reporters during a news briefing that authorities are fearful of an attack in Brussels “perhaps at several locations,” similar to the one Nov. 13 in Paris, where 129 people were killed and hundreds more injured in attacks across the city.

Michel announced that schools and the Brussels subway system would be closed Monday.

Russia Says U.S. Policies Helped Islamic State, Interfax Reports

U.S. actions in the Middle East helped Islamic State to gain influence, Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev said, according to Interfax.

The strengthening of Islamic State “became possible partly due to irresponsible U.S. politics” that focused on fighting Syrian President Bashar al-Assad instead of joining efforts to root out terrorism, Medvedev was cited as saying in Kuala Lumpur on Sunday. President Barack Obama earlier on Sunday said that Russia is facing a strategic choice as Assad can’t stay. The Obama administration declined to comment Sunday on Medvedev’s statement.

The U.S. contributed to the strengthening of al-Qaeda, which led to the events of Sept. 11, Interfax reported, citing Medvedev. The terrorist threat can only be fought jointly, he said.

Medvedev and Obama met in the Malaysian capital at the East Asia Summit that followed a week of talks and conferences in Asia dominated by the battle against terrorism. The United Nations on Friday unanimously endorsed a resolution calling for countries to take “all necessary measures” to combat Islamic State in Syria and Iraq.

More at site

Reactions: The Doctor
"The president’s call for a thorough investigation was greeted with cynicism by those involved in the 2014 intelligence assessments, since the administration did not act on the earlier raw intelligence that painted a dire picture of developments, especially in Iraq."
Yup. All I'll say

Reactions: The Doctor and Debi
Do we believe the president when he says:

“One of the things I insisted on the day I walked into the Oval Office was that I don’t want intelligence shaded by politics. I don’t want it shaded by the desire to tell a feel-good story,” Obama said Sunday. “I believe that the Department of Defense and all those who head up our intelligence agencies understand that, and that I have made it repeatedly clear to all my top national security advisers that I never want them to hold back, even if the intelligence or their opinions about the intelligence, their analysis or interpretations of the data contradict current policy.” ( from the report link above )