Is 'Devil in White City' buried in tomb? Remains to be unearthed to find out

T-Bob

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
CHICAGO — The remains of notorious Chicago serial killer H.H. Holmes are set to be exhumed to try to solve a 120-year-old mystery: Did the “Devil in the White City” fake his own execution?

History tells us that Holmes — whose macabre murder spree during the 1893 World’s Columbian Exposition in Chicago was detailed in Erik Larson’s 2003 best-seller “The Devil in the White City” — was hanged in Philadelphia in 1896 and buried at nearby Holy Cross Cemetery.

But Holmes, whose birth name was Herman Mudgett, was long rumored to have applied his infamous skills of deceit to his own fate, and one legend has it that he paid off jail guards to hang a cadaver in his place so he could escape to South America.

The rest of the storyat the following link: Is 'Devil in White City' buried in tomb? Remains to be unearthed to find out

The Devil In The White City is one of those books I wish I never read.:( It is so horrid that it's haunting. As for HH Holmes body count. The Author, Larson, puts it at 9, but Holmes only admitted to 9. It could have been in the 100's. Holmes started killing as a young teen, and his hotel - 'The Murder Castle' was set up as a slaughter house. Today on it's site sits a post office in the Englewood neighborhood of Chicago. Englewood is the most dangerous place in Chicago. It's not necessarily a hell hole visually , but it is a gang controlled shooting gallery unlike any other.
Is this neighborhood cursed ? Does it attract evil people? Or turn men evil ?

Reactions: 7Critter
Is it odd that he was buried in a diff state? I think it would be hard to fake a hanging with so many witnesses. Who would want to help a monster like that , even for money. What do you all think?

I think areas collect energy and negative people are drawn to negative areas.