Indiana's new law...we're confused here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...avel-to-indiana-amid-opposition-to-state-new/

I live in the state and quite frankly, we, the residents, are completely confused with this law, too. I've heard 20 different explanations just today and none of them match. :confused: The local TV stations can't even explain it the same way. I have noticed a lot of signs are going up in the area...."We serve everybody! Even those having a bad hair day!" is just one of them I found amusing.

It looks likely that Arkansas is about to pass similar legislation. Hopefully it will be less confusing!

I don't know how I feel about this. In an ideal world everyone would get along, but we don't live in an ideal world. I believe that there is a certain amount of targeting of religious businesses by activists, attempting to force them to do things that they aren't comfortable with just to make a point. That is wrong, in my opinion. It would be just as wrong for someone from the Westboro group to go into a bakery owned by a gay couple and ask for a cake spelling out their famous slogan about who God hates. If everyone just respected everyone else we would be much better off!

Reactions: Debi
The funny things is, there are similar laws in many other states. Why the eruption over the passage in Indiana? In fact, Fox News mentioned the way the law in Texas had actually helped some Native Americans in their religious practices.

The funny things is, there are similar laws in many other states. Why the eruption over the passage in Indiana? In fact, Fox News mentioned the way the law in Texas had actually helped some Native Americans in their religious practices.
Most of this kinda links into the fact Pence had been weighing a run for President, I think. I live here and the news coverage has been off the charts on this around here. Pence also did a lousy job of trying to "explain" this new law, too. He needed a few more facts and he had none to offer. Still waiting for someone to explain it the same way twice!

I saw on the news this morning that he wants the language cleaned up. IMO, this makes him look bad, like he didn't read the bill thoroughly before signing it, and if he did read it thoroughly he didn't have a problem with the language and is now effectively backtracking in the face of protests. Not someone I would consider voting for as President, in either case.

I saw on the news this morning that he wants the language cleaned up. IMO, this makes him look bad, like he didn't read the bill thoroughly before signing it, and if he did read it thoroughly he didn't have a problem with the language and is now effectively backtracking in the face of protests. Not someone I would consider voting for as President, in either case.
Ummmm....we're not all that excited by a Pence for Pres either! lol Especially after this debacle!

Status
Not open for further replies.