I thought you were....

When I first moved to LA I was in a supermarket one day buying a loaf of bread and these two young females came up to me, saying "You're that guy on TV!"

I said, "No, sorry. You're mistaken."

I hadn't even done any extra work at that point so no one could have ever seen me "on TV."

The pair insisted I was "that guy on TV" and said I was denying it for privacy, etc. They kept on and finally handed my paper and a pen asking for an autograph.

So, to appease them, I signed it, "Best wishes - That Guy on TV." :)

• Big Grin
Reactions: Lynne and ozentity
When I first moved to LA I was in a supermarket one day buying a loaf of bread and these two young females came up to me, saying "You're that guy on TV!"

I said, "No, sorry. You're mistaken."

I hadn't even done any extra work at that point so no one could have ever seen me "on TV."

The pair insisted I was "that guy on TV" and said I was denying it for privacy, etc. They kept on and finally handed my paper and a pen asking for an autograph.

So, to appease them, I signed it, "Best wishes - That Guy on TV." :)
My late uncle was a dead ringer for Sen Barry Goldwater. After a while he got tired of trying to convince people who he wasn't, and would just sign autographs and pose for pictures to get it over with.

My late uncle was a dead ringer for Sen Barry Goldwater. After a while he got tired of trying to convince people who he wasn't, and would just sign autographs and pose for pictures to get it over with.
He really must have been a look alike, today that would be a money maker lol.

Have you ever been mistaken for someone else, either someone specific (by name) or in general?

What happened?
Years ago i was always told i looked like Michael J Fox lol. In my teens, i was told i look like the singer from Journey. Not gonna talk of the time a woman thought i was her grand daughter haha. Perhaps my hair was kinda long then lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Lynne and Duke
Years ago i was always told i looked like Michael J Fox lol. In my teens, i was told i look like the singer from Journey. Not gonna talk of the time a woman thought i was her grand daughter haha. Perhaps my hair was kinda long then lol.
Not bad guys to be associated with. If you can sing there is a whole new carrier out there for ya.

• Big Grin
Reactions: Selectric