Humans to have robot second self in 20 yrs.

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Humans Will Have A ‘Robot Second Self’ In The Next 20 Years, Say Experts At Microsoft

Humans Will Have A ‘Robot Second Self’ In The Next 20 Years, Say Experts At Microsoft
The digital alter-ego will be AI extension of yourself

Are you seeing double? You might be in the next 20 years. Experts at Microsoft say that all human beings will have a robot double that’s has a digital copy of your consciousness. Microsoft executives Brad Smith and Harry Shum told Business Insider U.K. that they see artificial intelligence more deeply integrated into human lives, so much so that we’ll have artificially intelligent alter egos. The two have co-authored a book, called The Future Computed, in which they explain their technological predictions.

“I think predicting the future is always hard, but one thing Brad and I firmly believe is that the ultimate form of AI is a digital assistant —a digital assistant that really understands you, and with your permission knows everything about you,” Shum said in an interview with Business Insider.

He added that he thinks that a lot of these developments will be created within the next 20 years. There have already been major strides in building artificial intelligence with reading and writing skills and helping humans to solve complicated math equations, Shum said. But there’s a lot more on the horizon, and it looks like Microsoft wants to be at the forefront.

Cortana is a virtual assistant developed by Microsoft for Windows 10. According to Windows Central, they are planning a major overhaul of the AI, including a new chat-based UI.

full story at site

The digital alter-ego will be AI extension of yourself

Are you seeing double? You might be in the next 20 years. Experts at Microsoft say that all human beings will have a robot double that’s has a digital copy of your consciousness. Microsoft executives Brad Smith and Harry Shum told Business Insider U.K. that they see artificial intelligence more deeply integrated into human lives, so much so that we’ll have artificially intelligent alter egos. The two have co-authored a book, called The Future Computed, in which they explain their technological predictions.

“I think predicting the future is always hard, but one thing Brad and I firmly believe is that the ultimate form of AI is a digital assistant —a digital assistant that really understands you, and with your permission knows everything about you,” Shum said in an interview with Business Insider.

He added that he thinks that a lot of these developments will be created within the next 20 years. There have already been major strides in building artificial intelligence with reading and writing skills and helping humans to solve complicated math equations, Shum said. But there’s a lot more on the horizon, and it looks like Microsoft wants to be at the forefront.

Cortana is a virtual assistant developed by Microsoft for Windows 10. According to Windows Central, they are planning a major overhaul of the AI, including a new chat-based UI.

full story at site

I am not sure the World is large enough for 2 NobleHouse's, LOL....

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
Two Debi's may be two much as well...although I do feel as if I could use the extra hand! lol
We are thinking alike here. I’m thinking I can send my clone out to do chores in winter. I also hate shopping :rolleyes:hummmmm.. I have some other ideas like house cleaning, yard work.. this may work out

Reactions: Debi