How do people react when...

If you guys really want to know what my secret skill is, I can strike terror into anyone with just the right glare, and I can destroy someone’s life (not end it, just ruin their careers and anybody’s respect for them) with 10 words. Only did it twice in my life and hope I never have to again.

I can destroy someone’s life (not end it, just ruin their careers and anybody’s respect for them) with 10 words. Only did it twice in my life and hope I never have to again.
Before anyone else says anything about this, I will comment and say that that is pretty dark stuff, Charleh. I won't judge your use of it, but speaking for myself and years of wisdom, I would walk away from any situation before I would use those skills on another person. Just because you have a skill, doesn't mean you should use it. By my own rules, it's Harm None. And I think your Bible says something about "Revenge is mine, sayeth the Lord" or something to that effect in Romans. I hope you pack that skill set away in the bottom of the skill bag and leave it alone.

Before anyone else says anything about this, I will comment and say that that is pretty dark stuff, Charleh. I won't judge your use of it, but speaking for myself and years of wisdom, I would walk away from any situation before I would use those skills on another person. Just because you have a skill, doesn't mean you should use it. By my own rules, it's Harm None. And I think your Bible says something about "Revenge is mine, sayeth the Lord" or something to that effect in Romans. I hope you pack that skill set away in the bottom of the skill bag and leave it alone.
Agreed. Those two times were last resort. And I’ll never do it again. I told a close friend about it once and they wanted me to do it to someone. Needless to say I don’t talk to that person anymore.

The bible teaches that God keeps no record of wrongs, but in other places scripture teaches that God will judge every word we’ve spoken.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
After reading this story, I really must apologize for the very WRONG Wiccan community members you encountered. Those little "priestesses" were so far beyond the "ethics" of community I can't even explain it to you. It's also one reason I have never liked coven work and remained solitary when I was practicing. Their "explanation" about "too much masculine energy" is also wrong. Anyway, before I pop off too much, it's best you moved beyond it and away from the energy being thrown your way. (Pompuos Priestesses!)

Debi, I certainly had the feeling that my anonymity and character had been violated by High Priestess Katherine.

Yet in some fairness to her, it did appear that I was probably reading her thoughts and doing so actively (meaning concurrently); and, from her perspective probably doing so purposely. Everyone here can be certain that I had zero intent on intruding on her personal thoughts - this kind of thing happens without intent just as a by product of being me.

From my other experiences, I can well imagine that in my sincere attempts to try to recite the chant that she taught us, and I had in fact practiced, and with no blame on her side, she might have been "thinking loudly" at the same time about her own coven-centric chant. Even without intent to reveal her secret chant, her own active thoughts were open enough that I tapped into them unintentionally.

I suspect that when you don't take the time to have an adult conversation after something like this happens - to talk through the possibilities of how or why - it might be natural that she could have been left feeling violated.

The difference here though (between her possible feelings of violation versus mine after being slandered) is that she was in the admitted position of power as the class instructor - and as a coven High Priestess with a group of three lesser pagan skilled guys; she should have elected to counsel with me. Doing so then probably could have headed off other similar episodes that occurred in our later classes. If she was in fact scared by my intrusion, and if she had told me so, I could have elected to leave the class to make the situation better for all four of us.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne and 7Critter
Wands that Pristess should have talked to you about what happened. She put her fears of your abilities above helping you. She played it safe. In the event you didn’t know what you did, she wasn’t gonna let you know and if you did it on purpose you were a threat to her position. Many teachers are afraid their students will surpass them. Her ethics really seem to come into question here. I’m glad you didn’t have to deal with the fall out.

Everyone here can be certain that I had zero intent on intruding on her personal thoughts - this kind of thing happens without intent just as a by product of being me.
It's one of your gifts and that priestess, if she was a good one, should have recognized that immediately and taught you shields. A good teacher wants their student to surpass them and to carry on the teaching to others. Obviously, she was about retaining her own power and status instead of being willing to teach.

````````````
How does their education tie in with you being more skeptical?
Skeptical until proven. Anyone that believes everything they hear will fall for anything out there. Maybe education has nothing to do with it, I really meant common sense. ;) But I have noticed when someone is trying to sell a book they will twist or stretch the truth.