How are you....

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
HOW ARE YOU FEELING? WITH THE CONSTANT HORRIFIC NEWS COMING AT US DAILY OF SHOOTINGS, THE NORTH KOREA THREAT, THE HURRICANES, THE EARTHQUAKES, THE VOLCANOES, ARE YOU FEELING THE EFFECTS OF ALL THIS BAD NEWS? DO YOU THINK IT'S AFFECTING YOUR OWN ENERGY AND NORMAL PEACE OF MIND?

DO YOU FEEL A BIT LIKE WE'RE IN END TIMES OR IS THIS JUST ONE OF THOSE MOMENTS IN TIME?

WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO DEAL WITH IT ALL?

22195331_1908666186053151_4828094857007932345_n.jpg

Reactions: Paintman
This is a phase, but it’ll be a long phase. When my family moves into the city we’re going prepared. That’s all I’m at liberty to say. Because it’s gonna get worse. We can only hope nobody we know gets caught in the next shstorm.

I kinda look at it as we are due. Just like a slugger down in a slump. Only in reverse. Not because of a chastisement, but it could be that. But nature has cycles and that weather was laying low for too long than normal. People doing monstrous acts? Again. You can beat the odds. You will never beat the statistics.
So I come down on that last notion.

Reactions: Lynne and Charleh
Two of my family members had a very bad day emotionally dealing with this. What I've told them I will share with you....I found this sage advice online from none other than Fred Rogers to remind us of what we NEED to focus on...

22140742_1439758942803515_7952370439158136503_n.jpg

There was ONE bad guy. There were many good guys that came forward during this.

its depressing but i bury myself in video games and music

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
It's times like this that make people question what they believe. Jesus said there would be wars and earth quakes but to "fear not", these are signs of the times. It seems we're in the beginning of birth pains for sure. We're all stuck here so we have to make the best of things, so hold on tight it's going to be a bumpy ride. I myself recommend staying prayed up. We do live in interesting times.

With the news today, I tend to go into "troll-mode". Sometimes I'm not proud of the things I say but it's my way of getting through bad or negative news. Something bad gets reported and everyone's like, "Oh no, that's terrible". I'm there like, "Yeah, it is...but imagine if [insert offensive thought here]". It's bad but that's how I deal with it lol.

Reactions: 7Critter
This is a phase, but it’ll be a long phase. When my family moves into the city we’re going prepared. That’s all I’m at liberty to say. Because it’s gonna get worse. We can only hope nobody we know gets caught in the next shstorm.
Wouldn't you rather be out of the city if something happens?

I believe in cycles, but I also know things are much worse than they used to be. Today's world is not the one most of us grew up in. Things happened, but not with this frequency and this intensity.

I get tense and depressed if I watch too much news, which I usually do. I have to distance myself from news for a while to regroup.

Reactions: 7Critter and Lynne