Haunting of 2002/2003 (where it all began)

Vibe-Feeler

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
In August of 2002, my father passed away and I firmly believe that this event triggered my first set of paranormal experiences. I am aware that those who have lost loved ones can experience strange things which can be attributed to trauma associated with that loss. I would have just dismissed my experiences as a result of trauma but for a period of 14 years and other people also experiencing the phenomena, it definitely can't be trauma.

My very first real paranormal experience happened on October 2002 at the age of 9. I was in my room alone playing with a few matchbox cars on the floor. One of the cars was on its roof and at a distance out of my reach. As I was about to get up and take it, right before my eyes this car flipped onto its wheels by itself. I was quite rattled by that and I was unsure how to process what I just saw.

Now, my house has an internal garden with two sides occupied by large windows and the other two sides by sliding doors, which allowed me to see the bar area through the windows from the bedroom. A relatively common occurrence at night would be that I would get a feeling someone was in the house and when I looked through the internal garden from the bedroom, I could see the bar light was on and sometimes I would be able to hear glasses rattling by the bar. Keeping in mind we make sure the light in the bar is always off when we go to bed, and that part of the house is locked up and armed at night. This activity would happen a few times and yet the alarm would not go off.

The most unsettling experience I had was in 2003. It was late in the afternoon and I was playing with the dog outside. I stopped to take a breather and I distinctly heard someone (or something) call me by name. I don't know who or what it was, but it definitely was not my dad's voice. The only way to describe this voice was just unearthly. Even typing this experience out now I still get goosebumps. I was honestly terrified by that ordeal. It sounded as though it came from the building as seen in my previous post (Ghost Hunt of 2006. Thoughts?).

These were some of the more significant experiences of the time, but on a general basis I would often get these very heavy and uneasy presences at night. As I have described, sometimes it felt like I would be lying in bed and it would feel like this menacing person is staring at me with their face inches from mine.

From around July 2003, the activity subsided significantly to the point where it seemed it had stopped completely. But there were still the occasional evenings where I would still feel heavy presences in my room. I tried telling my mom about these experiences, but she disregarded it as an overactive imagination (and at the time she did not believe in the paranormal).

So that's my first time experiencing the paranormal and the most mild haunting my house has experienced :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Debi
Thanks for sharing these experiences, @Vibe-feeder. I know that some on the PNF have similar experiences. Myself ? I get nudges every once in awhile. Nothing like what you have written about.

Reactions: Vibe-Feeler
I can tell this is a real recounting simply by the simplicity of it. So many times paranormal activity is just those "little" things that come and go with no normal explanation.

The matchbox car flipping is interesting. That takes a bit of power behind it to do that. Although it's a small object, the spirit/entity would have to have enough energy to affect it and change its position like that.

You also seem to have the auditory abilities, Vibe. Hearing your name called indicates you are able to get verbal interaction.

You also seem to have the auditory abilities, Vibe. Hearing your name called indicates you are able to get verbal interaction.

However it only happened once though and this haunting was the mildest of the 3 major ones I've experienced (the other two being 2006/2007 and 2010/2011). But if it does happen again, what would be the best way to approach such a situation?

Although it's a small object, the spirit/entity would have to have enough energy to affect it and change its position like that.

Then whatever was haunting us in 2010/2011 must have been very powerful, because the things that happened (I will add photos) involved interacting with things much bigger than matchbox cars and some events were not basic unaided movements of the objects. But I will go into depth in a future post after I talk about the 2006 haunting.

Reactions: Debi
But if it does happen again, what would be the best way to approach such a situation?
Depends if you want to interact with "it". Usually it does not repeat itself. Sometimes you just experience what happens in the paranormal world and get messages or info.

But wouldn't that run the risk of potentially opening myself up to something malevolent if I try to interact back?

Welcome to the forum Vibe. It sounds like you have some budding abilities, possibility brought on from the trauma of your father's death. My condolences on your loss. I have a daughter that was very psysic as a child. She has been able to supress this through prayer and intention. This was not a gift she wanted to foster. Right or wrong i supported her choice. She has been successful and lives a peaceful life. I believe you can manage your gifts if you choose. If its an outside haunting that is victimizing you may need to seek protection measures. Im sure debi can advise you.

But wouldn't that run the risk of potentially opening myself up to something malevolent if I try to interact back?
Yes, it can. That ability comes only after getting to know the "feel" of certain energies. Experience....it all takes time to learn what to respond to and what to walk away from. If in doubt, don't respond and walk away. I've done it myself many times over the years.

Welcome to the forum Vibe. It sounds like you have some budding abilities, possibility brought on from the trauma of your father's death. My condolences on your loss. I have a daughter that was very psysic as a child. She has been able to supress this through prayer and intention. This was not a gift she wanted to foster. Right or wrong i supported her choice. She has been successful and lives a peaceful life. I believe you can manage your gifts if you choose. If its an outside haunting that is victimizing you may need to seek protection measures. Im sure debi can advise you.

Thank you Lynne. I've given it a lot of thought recently and decided to foster my gift but in moderation to ensure I don't open up to anything malevolent, and Debi's advice so far has been very helpful.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi