Not open for further replies.

Naked Apple

Anam Cara
Reaction score
Erin go bragh!

24bucfa.gif
210dg6r.gif

288xc89.jpg

Cliffs of Moher, County Claire, Ireland.

And the same back at ya! So, what's everybody doing today to celebrate the wearin' o' the green? Party anybody?

I remember back in school if we didn't wear green for the day we got slugged in the arm! lol

Reactions: Seahunter
A few interesting facts to make you smile on St. Patty's day!

• Ballygally Castle in County Antrim, currently a hotel owned by a major chain, is allegedly one of the most haunted places in the country. Lady Isobel Shaw, whose husband built the castle in 1625, is said to knock on doors at night and then disappear. While alive, Ms. Shaw was locked in her room by her husband and starved, until she leapt to her death from a window.
  • An odd Irish birthday tradition is to lift the birthday child upside down and give his head a few gentle bumps on the floor for good luck. The number of bumps should allegedly correspond to the child’s age plus one.
  • IRELAND FACT: A ROUGH HANGOVER CURE...I’ll just take the hangover, thanks: One traditional Irish cure for a hangover was to be buried up to the neck in moist river sand.
  • Celtic rock group the Pogues were originally called "Pogue Mahone," which translates into "kiss my a**" in Gaelic.
  • Baileys Irish Cream which was launched in Ireland in the early seventies, is now the most popular liqueur in the world.

LOL! Looks like a good time to me! Enjoy and have one for me!

Reactions: Leo
Status
Not open for further replies.