There's been a lot happening in your life, Eneme. From what part of Virginia do you live ? I have travelled much of Virginia.
South eastern. Maybe an hour out from Williamsburg. When I was younger schools did field trips for settlement areas and the like. And we don't live there but just to add, I've been the day trip to Roanoke for the lost settlement play several times. So we're in and around all of these old areas with a lot of history.

Reactions: 7Critter
Sounds like you are a sensitive and may be a beacon for these entities and spirits. I come from a Christian perspective and would recommend prayer and blessings from a clergy. Also to get rid of any divination tools. However not all share this belief, so using other protection such as your intention mixed with various methods may have to be kept up. Others here know how to do theses cleanings.

This is going to be a bit of a long one. A lot has happened in my house. I've broken it down into sections by type of experience. So you can read just the parts that interest you or all of it. It's up to you.

Keep in mind during all of this I was home alone most of the day. By the time my brother and his girlfriend moved out I was old enough to hold down the fort by myself until my mother came home from work. So no, no one else was there.

The beginning; doppelgangers, period woman, friendly spirits
I live in virginia if that tells you anything about the land here.. when I was younger I'd mainly her a woman humming or singing around the house at night. Not my mother or grandmother. They could be heard sleeping over her song. In addition to her singing I'd occasionally see figures, shadows and formed. There was a period I'd only see her in the bathroom mirror, very tan/brown. Like her actual being was a vintage photograph and she had on a long dress, apron and bonnet with long brown hair in a messy low sitting bun. He eyes were bright and glowing. She'd smile and walk away laughing. The first time scared me but I shortly learned it was just a kind of game. It's exactly what I'd do if I were in that position. Lol

Everything was pretty lighthearted at this point. I'd ask to take pictures and things would show up (could have been dust or camera malfunction, I can admit that possibility) and also take recordings and get some sort of response, which could have also just been me hearing things because it's what I was after.

This was a decade ago or more so all of this is gone by now. I'd be playing with friends and something funny would happen and then suddenly a loud thump could be heard only feet from us. Literally sounding like a body hitting the floor even though there wasn't a single thing on that side of the room. Not a single threatening feeling. We enjoyed their presence for the most part. It was interesting and we never really felt alone. And the pictures/recordings didn't stir up any more activity than normal. Nothing new happened. And I didn't seek anything out, I simply asked if it'd be okay and they didn't have to show if they weren't comfortable. I believe respect matters a lot.

It becomes mischievous
There was a dry spell of about a year or two. I will also add I've never asked for recordings or pictures since out of respect and not wanting to risk stirring anything up. Everyone and everything deserves a rest.

Then things took a bit of a turn...

It's like everything progressively became more mischievous. Which still wasn't bad. It again became amusing. We didn't really mind it at all. Some of it was actually really fun/cool. An example would be, say... I'd be talking to my mother and then see a dulled down version of her walking by behind her and then out of the room, smiling and laughing all the way out. Or she'd be speaking with her mother and she'd see a dull version of her do the same thing. We all experienced this at some point. The men never seemed to see or hear much at all. It was all very indirect for them.
My family and I experienced mild poltergeist phenomena , it was very minor and we had lights going off and on, electrical cables being pulled by unseen forces and a bottle was thrown at my grandfather Bill. You may check out my true story on ''JOHNNY THE GHOST, BARGOED'' A genuine case that took place sin Wales, UK in the 1970's.

Reactions: Eneme and Lynne