Hacked DNA with malware

This is so frightening, and I can't even wrap my mind around all the possible implications when this becomes reality. And when you add in the human factor, it becomes even worse. When the technology is there, people with access to the computers could be bribed or blackmailed into introducing the viruses through the code for example, so the problem of how to introduce the virus is made that much easier.

Reactions: 7Critter
This is so frightening, and I can't even wrap my mind around all the possible implications when this becomes reality. And when you add in the human factor, it becomes even worse. When the technology is there, people with access to the computers could be bribed or blackmailed into introducing the viruses through the code for example, so the problem of how to introduce the virus is made that much easier.
ever heard of fold it? its a game (ive dabbled with it a few times) that you basically try to fold proteins. some of the proteins have never been folded successfully in the medical feild, but by these gamers. basically they make it into a game because even super computers cant figure out how to fold or unfold them.

now back from my rambling, i can definitely see regular people being persuaded (with a game in disguise) to make viruses or gene doping methods, and the "gamer" would be none the wiser.

Reactions: Seahunter
ever heard of fold it? its a game (ive dabbled with it a few times) that you basically try to fold proteins. some of the proteins have never been folded successfully in the medical feild, but by these gamers. basically they make it into a game because even super computers cant figure out how to fold or unfold them.

now back from my rambling, i can definitely see regular people being persuaded (with a game in disguise) to make viruses or gene doping methods, and the "gamer" would be none the wiser.
No, I've never heard of "Fold It". Sounds very interesting, but a topic I know nothing about.