Glimmer Man at AFB

These cloaked type beings are getting reported more and more. I wish the experiencer would have given a description of the shape of the being. She only mentioned it was shorter than a human. These sightings are so strange.

I've been to Holloman Airforce Base, and I think I know the area she is talking about. I never saw anything like this on base. Her musing that it could be experimental Military tech is not completely absurd. I do know that the Military was working on similar technology back when I was in the service, but at that time it was limited to vehicles and was nowhere near as advanced as what these Glimmer dudes look like.

I've been to Holloman Airforce Base, and I think I know the area she is talking about. I never saw anything like this on base. Her musing that it could be experimental Military tech is not completely absurd. I do know that the Military was working on similar technology back when I was in the service, but at that time it was limited to vehicles and was nowhere near as advanced as what these Glimmer dudes look like.
It wouldn't surprise me if we have developed a cloaking suit.

Reactions: K9-1 and Stevedog
I spent many a TDY at Holloman over 30+ years, and have used that track. The locals referred to it as the "red track," it's maybe 500 yards from Base Ops and the flight line.

It's interesting she specified late evening for her sighting as that's prime time to see heat waves rising off the hot sand as the ambient air temperature drops. This creates a glimmering effect, illustrated below in the open of "High Plains Drifter." The effect can alter one's view of areas/objects at a distance, including making stationary things look as if they are moving. I can remember seeing cacti appear to be doing the hoochie coochie.

I know the Army and Marines were working on technology to make personal "invisible" to NVGs, included special desert night camo BDUs. I have no doubt they are working on something to make troops invisible to the naked eye, it would be a huge force multipler.

The military absolutely has invisibility technology. However, much of it is based on developing new "meta-materials" that absorb, bend and/or redirect light. These materials work great for things like walls or stiff shields, where they can be pointed in the direction of the observer. As far as I know a flexible fabric that provides a full 360 degree cloaking doesn't work well for these kinds of materials.

Reactions: Duke
I once was convinced either I was in a predator movie or was seeing the best camo ever. Turned out to be a Snow Leppard.
I'm sure the military has some cool tech. Cloaking type stuff was being looked at its even talked about on shows on discovery channel. I'm not a tech guy so I'm not really in that circle,but I've had some NV and thermal units that really impressed me. Just recently I was using the harrisL3 GPNVG-18 unit. Absolutely amazing! The helmet setup was great also. It had the hard lower called the Mandible on it. Basically ballistic lower face protection. I tried my best to bring it all home with me,but that wasn't gonna happen...lol!
Crazy thing is you can go buy all this as a civilian. Imagine what is being developed or in use with very very special operators!?

Just recently I was using the harrisL3 GPNVG-18 unit. Absolutely amazing!

Had you used other forms of NVGs before? If so, how did they compare? I've seen these newer models and can only imagine how much has been improved over the past quarter century since I was in uniform. Back then we had the AN/PVS series of night vision and they were horribly awkward to use. A little heavy, extreme tunnel vision and no sense of depth perception. Running around uneven terrain was a bit unnerving. Trying to drive with those on was downright scary.

Reactions: K9-1
Had you used other forms of NVGs before? If so, how did they compare? I've seen these newer models and can only imagine how much has been improved over the past quarter century since I was in uniform. Back then we had the AN/PVS series of night vision and they were horribly awkward to use. A little heavy, extreme tunnel vision and no sense of depth perception. Running around uneven terrain was a bit unnerving. Trying to drive with those on was downright scary.

The ones I just used were amazing! They're panoramic so you have full field of view,don't mess with your depth perception, and you're fine if a flash bang or muzzle fire. Unfortunately the set I used is like 40k to get. It's come along way. I've used other units and still the newer stuff is great. The units I 1st started using were heavy and just sucked. When I first used the older units I ran into stuff,tripped over things,blinded myself more than once. A buddy tells me I can get some nice units for 3-6k but I'm not convinced it's worth it.

Reactions: Stevedog
I spent many a TDY at Holloman over 30+ years, and have used that track. The locals referred to it as the "red track," it's maybe 500 yards from Base Ops and the flight line.

It's interesting she specified late evening for her sighting as that's prime time to see heat waves rising off the hot sand as the ambient air temperature drops. This creates a glimmering effect, illustrated below in the open of "High Plains Drifter." The effect can alter one's view of areas/objects at a distance, including making stationary things look as if they are moving. I can remember seeing cacti appear to be doing the hoochie coochie.

I know the Army and Marines were working on technology to make personal "invisible" to NVGs, included special desert night camo BDUs. I have no doubt they are working on something to make troops invisible to the naked eye, it would be a huge force multipler.
Duke as always you are on point. I love Clint Eastwood in anything, but his cowboy movies are the best. He actually looks like he can ride well.