Ghost ships wash up in Japan

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
'Ghost ships' baffle authorities in Japan - Unexplained Mysteries

Almost a dozen vessels have been washed ashore in recent weeks with not a single surviving crew member.
The mysterious ships, which started to show up along the coast of Japan back in October, have been the subject of an ongoing investigation with officials desperate to unravel their secrets.

To date 11 ships have turned up, some showing signs of damage and each with its entire crew found deceased. Some of the vessels also appeared to have been adrift for quite some time.

One possibility is that the boats are from North Korea - a theory backed up by the discovery of Korean writing on both the vessels themselves and on the clothing worn by the crew.

Some have suggested that the vessels may have been fishing boats that had become lost at sea.

So what's killing off the crews?

So what's killing off the crews?
I would think that autopsy could tell us the answer of what they died from and perhaps even from where the boats originated. If it is Fukishima-related, we may never hear the results of further investigations from the Japanese Government. If the crew were fishermen, it should be obvious. If they were fleeing North Korea, further investigation should reveal this.

Good thread, I will loom into this further when I get time. Nothing is more haunting than the sea.

Being off the coast of Japan, i'm surprised I haven't heard that godzilla is responsible . Although pirates do exist .
talk-like-a-pirate-day-jack-sparrow.jpg

Reactions: Debi