Ghost Monk video at castle

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

A photograph taken during a father-and-son visit to a medieval castle in England may feature the ghost of a monk said to haunt the location.

The man behind the camera was Jon Wickes, who brought his son to Eynsford Castle because the boy has been studying such sites in school.

When the dad later looked at the pictures from their trip, he was stunned to see an unexplained oddity in the image that bears a striking resemblance to a hooded monk.

Wickes was all the more amazed when he found out that Eynsford Castle boasted a history of mysterious black monk sightings that some have connected to the site's owner who became a monk in the year 1130.

Whether the anomaly in the image is truly a spirit or simply a spot created by some prosaic circumstances is uncertain.

However, a local paranormal investigator who saw the photo subsequently ventured to Eynsford Castle and found nothing at the site which might explain what could have caused the dark 'figure' to appear.

And, lest one suspect that the 'black monk' is merely a hole in the castle wall, that possibility has been ruled out as well.

Source: Daily Mail

This looks real to me. If you look close he has a bag strapped across his shoulder too. You can see that detail but no face. Very odd. You’d think the face would be whiteish at least. Were there African monks ? I don’t think so at that time. So maybe it is appearing as a dark image. That may not be good.

Last edited:
That's a very interesting capture. Notice how dark the figure is and what would be the outline is blurred in areas.

That's a very interesting capture. Notice how dark the figure is and what would be the outline is blurred in areas.
Do you think this might be a real photo?

Do you think this might be a real photo?
It's always tough not being there when the situation happened or when the photo was taken. You know as well as I do anyone now days can produce a fake and come up with a story. I really wish I had the ability to get my hands on the actual photo to see. However, it does look somewhat convincing. It also fits the overall "look" of other photos of shadow type figures.

Reactions: Lynne
It's always tough not being there when the situation happened or when the photo was taken. You know as well as I do anyone now days can produce a fake and come up with a story. I really wish I had the ability to get my hands on the actual photo to see. However, it does look somewhat convincing. It also fits the overall "look" of other photos of shadow type figures.
That’s my thoughts also.

Reactions: Spectre80