Francestown’s Haunted Lake

Maple Lake over this way had a bunch of strange stuff. Had a few experiences in and around that lake. One night me and my girlfriend pulled up to the lake and being the first time she'd ever been there, the first words out of her mouth was, Someone died in there. If it were true, certainly fits the bill of that area.

Maple Lake over this way had a bunch of strange stuff. Had a few experiences in and around that lake. One night me and my girlfriend pulled up to the lake and being the first time she'd ever been there, the first words out of her mouth was, Someone died in there. If it were true, certainly fits the bill of that area.
On the other end of the spectrum, that was the same lake my buddy cast a lure (on purpose) and caught a beaver lol.

I think all bodies of water claim lives. There are always accidents if there are people living around them. The sawmill seemed to run with no issues, I don't see a connection to any real problems. Maybe this one is just lore and some unfortunate accidents.

Reactions: Paulm and ozentity
Unfortunately lots of lakes have tragedies happen in them and around them. Not saying that this lake couldn't be cursed or haunted.

Reactions: Paulm
Unfortunately lots of lakes have tragedies happen in them and around them. Not saying that this lake couldn't be cursed or haunted.
south of you, lake laniere has tons of urban legends surrounding it. an entire town was flooded to create it and the grave yards were never moved beforehand, creating the legends of hauntings and bad mojo..... of course, most man made lakes have the same history and methods of creation, so theres always that.....lol

Reactions: K9-1
south of you, lake laniere has tons of urban legends surrounding it. an entire town was flooded to create it and the grave yards were never moved beforehand, creating the legends of hauntings and bad mojo..... of course, most man made lakes have the same history and methods of creation, so theres always that.....lol

Raytown lake in PA has a town under it. I grew up in that area and the whole area is just odd. I went back 2yrs ago and the area hasn't changed. It was kinda creepy. There are lots of ghost stories there and a park not to far from there is where I had a little person encounter when I was younger. There is definitely something wrong in that area.

Reactions: Paulm
If anyone is interested in the town and area. It's Saxton Pa. Everything from Indians battling other tribes, Indians massacred some soldiers, an abandon street back in the woods. The people just up and left their homes. Odd military activity, bigfoot and other cryptid sightings. It's a hot bed of activity!

Reactions: Debi and Paulm