Facebook will use AI to scan your thoughts for your "safety"

you're just a bigot because you're not open to new technology!

jk someone needs to pull the plug on fb. its a shame fb owns instagram because i use it for marketing.
:D I have actually had people get angry and confused at me for not being on Facebook and that was spot on the sort of thing they'd say!
one time my pastor and i were talking about him getting his master's degree. the next morning my desktop browser showed me ads for seminary. and the only thing that could have listened in was my phone, as i was in someone else's house.
o_O And that is a whole new level of worrying! How to deal with this? Tin foil hat? Garlic? Whole body anti-Facebook condoms? Boiling all electrical goods before using? Are there Facebook exorcists? If I use the phone and computer from within a circle of salt will that help? It works for demons and slugs and Facebook is sort of similar... I don't know.

I think I'm going to try all of the above just to be sure.

Reactions: Debi
Facebook has always been super sneaky. I'm not sure how it works, but many sites have embedded tracking stuff (technical term?) from Facebook so even if you never visit Facebook it's still able to track you and records where your IP address has been then stores it. Deleting or blocking cookies isn't enough to stop it and you have to use more advanced privacy protection addons in your browser. I very strongly object to a site I don't belong to and actively dislike recording a database about me without my consent, yet most people seem not to care!

msn and google use the same type programs....go to a site and shop around for specific items and then you will see ads for those items on your msn or google page, facebook also..... you could use a ghost i.p. , or just go to the local Mc.'ds or library and use their i.p. addy but I don't know if that would actually even help anymore.... whenever i go to walmart or home depot and buy something i will see similar ads on those pages...really eerie

After the latest movie night here in which Benny Hill was mentioned in the comments, I went to Youtube... and there was Benny Hill waiting in recommendations! I just blocked Youtube from tracking me here using the Avast browser add-on as I really don't want the subject of every joke on here to take over my Youtube. I mean really this is taking it too far! I'm amazed that a documentary on boiled peanuts wasn't there.

one time my pastor and i were talking about him getting his master's degree. the next morning my desktop browser showed me ads for seminary. and the only thing that could have listened in was my phone, as i was in someone else's house.
Yes I’ve noticed this too!

After the latest movie night here in which Benny Hill was mentioned in the comments, I went to Youtube... and there was Benny Hill waiting in recommendations! I just blocked Youtube from tracking me here using the Avast browser add-on as I really don't want the subject of every joke on here to take over my Youtube. I mean really this is taking it too far! I'm amazed that a documentary on boiled peanuts wasn't there.
Oh good one in the peanuts. You better go check :D