Ever been..

I still do maps and GPS but when I had a lot of phone book advertising I was going to a lot of different addresses. It's a little sad and telling that a lot of people don't know where they live. So I just look it up on the map.

Country Roads can still get me lost. What really is 200 W ?

I still do maps and GPS but when I had a lot of phone book advertising I was going to a lot of different addresses. It's a little sad and telling that a lot of people don't know where they live. So I just look it up on the map.

LOL 200 W is the place where the big barn is with the funny fence. Go a tad down that road til you come to the old church and turn left at the cow.

I love the GPS. I have always had a fear of going places I wasn’t familiar with the route and now I have confidence with my GPS. I can read a map tho.

I once had a very frustrating drive to a recycling centre. I looked up the postcode and put it into the SatNav. Unfortunately, the recycling centre was in the middle of nowhere and my SatNav couldn't handle it. It got me utterly lost and I ended up driving round and round in circles for two hours.

I tried pulling over and asking some people in one of the villages how best to get there, but the directions were very convoluted so it didn't really help. I also tried calling the recycling centre several times, but no one was answering, and there were no signs anywhere.

By some complete stroke of luck, I eventually found it. Again, there were no signposts other than a srappy bit of cardboard flapping in the wind, signalling the entrance once I'd already got there.

I drove in, parked up and saw that there was a man sitting in a little hut in one corner of the grounds. I went up to the hut and saw that there was a telephone in there with him. I told him what had happened to me and that there were no signposts along the route, to which he replied, "Ah, no. That's because the traveller's have nicked them."

I then asked why he hadn't answered the telephone when I had called several times to get directions. He said, "Ah, well, everyone's been calling us 'cause they can't find the place, so we stopped answering the phone."

This could have been straight out of a Father Ted episode! o_O

When we were in Newfoundland, the same road changed name to numbers, to route, to numbers again lol. Was like wth? Very odd driving around Saint John as the whole city is built around fire blocks. Think the city burned down like 7 times if memory serves me right.

I used to always get lost when I went to Santa Fe. It would be as if the directions were flipped. If my daughter was with me I would tell her "I need to go north, which way is north?" and she would tell me which way to turn. She has some bird magnet in her head so that she can tell you where north is in the deepest, darkest cave.

Part of fun in driving, if you are out on a Sunday drive, is getting lost; finding a diner, and getting the daily special. I know that I have my phone's GPS to get me out of a jam if I totally get lost (which I have). Sometimes there are no satellites available in the hollows and I have to drive a bit.

I once had a very frustrating drive to a recycling centre. I looked up the postcode and put it into the SatNav. Unfortunately, the recycling centre was in the middle of nowhere and my SatNav couldn't handle it. It got me utterly lost and I ended up driving round and round in circles for two hours.

I tried pulling over and asking some people in one of the villages how best to get there, but the directions were very convoluted so it didn't really help. I also tried calling the recycling centre several times, but no one was answering, and there were no signs anywhere.

By some complete stroke of luck, I eventually found it. Again, there were no signposts other than a srappy bit of cardboard flapping in the wind, signalling the entrance once I'd already got there.

I drove in, parked up and saw that there was a man sitting in a little hut in one corner of the grounds. I went up to the hut and saw that there was a telephone in there with him. I told him what had happened to me and that there were no signposts along the route, to which he replied, "Ah, no. That's because the traveller's have nicked them."

I then asked why he hadn't answered the telephone when I had called several times to get directions. He said, "Ah, well, everyone's been calling us 'cause they can't find the place, so we stopped answering the phone."

This could have been straight out of a Father Ted episode! o_O
That’s a horror story. I’d give up recycling lol

I used to always get lost when I went to Santa Fe. It would be as if the directions were flipped. If my daughter was with me I would tell her "I need to go north, which way is north?" and she would tell me which way to turn. She has some bird magnet in her head so that she can tell you where north is in the deepest, darkest cave.
A good trait to have in a daughter.

Reactions: Donna K. and JahaRa