Etymology and uses of: things that go bump in the night

OK, everyone.....have YOU ever been scared by something that goes bump in the night? Be honest now! Have you ever jumped half out of your skin? I have! What scared you?
What comes to mind is when my wife and are watching a movie, a scary scene. Just as the audience is shocked, my wife screams. Her scream scares me more than the movie.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
I sleep in the day and have experienced something I think is odd. Occasionally I'm woken to a loud bang, it's so loud it think it has shaken the whole house. The dog barks hysterically. I'm always convinced it was my front door being slammed with great force. I used to get up and investigate but it has happened often enough I just ignore it. I still don't know what it is.

After all of the paranormal, supernatural run ins I've had, the one that did me in was the night of the moving closet door. I kept hearing the darn thing bump, bump, bump.....creeping toward it I decided to fling it open and confront what was there. Out comes a cat flying at me at high speed with a "MEEEOOOOOW" that was ear piercing! Yeah, that got the blood pumpin' and heart thumpin'! lol
I would have fainted

I sleep in the day and have experienced something I think is odd. Occasionally I'm woken to a loud bang, it's so loud it think it has shaken the whole house. The dog barks hysterically. I'm always convinced it was my front door being slammed with great force. I used to get up and investigate but it has happened often enough I just ignore it. I still don't know what it is.
Next time it happens, walk to the location and ask the entity to please stop doing that. I have read that this sometimes works. If it does, perhaps I will put out my shingle, Ha !

Reactions: Lynne
Next time it happens, walk to the location and ask the entity to please stop doing that. I have read that this sometimes works. If it does, perhaps I will put out my shingle, Ha !
I now pronounce you an apprentice....that's exactly what she should do.

Reactions: Lynne and Mokey