Entitled to their wishes, or spoiled little brats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seahunter

AKA "Roy"
Reaction score
http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2015/0...school-seniors-vote-for-communism-theme-prom/

I can tell you if it was my school, I wouldn't be participating. These kids think it's cool to make a statement, but are too blind to see the irony of the whole thing. They only get to pull this little stunt because they live in a free country that allows them to do such a stupid thing. Thousands have fought and died for our freedoms, and they have the gall to make a mockery of what should be a happy, momentous event in their CHILDhood. If they lived in a communist country, their parent's situation would be a LITTLE different, as well as these spoiled, privileged kids. Perhaps a nice little visit to a communist country, and their wish to be like them would be quickly squashed, and they would be very happy to return home to this "horrid" country we have! :mad:

What simply amazes me is the administration of the school is allowing this! If these kids voted for a 50 shades of Grey prom, would they allow that? How about a "Christian" based prom? Bet that one would get squashed in a hurry!

The article alludes to the fact these kids are all advanced student types who are politically involved. Instead of a prom, perhaps we could ship them all over to a true communist state and see how they enjoy the politics there. I think they'd find it's not quite so funny and that they wouldn't even have a chance to have a "prom." Much less "vote" on a theme!

Sheez...what a yearbook picture they get to carry forward throughout their lifetime.

Reactions: surge and Seahunter
Spoiled little brats, all, and I share the sentiment that the lot should be sent to live in a real communist country to get a taste of just what it is they're espousing. They obviously have a hole in their education, or they wouldn't celebrate such a harsh system. :mad:

Reactions: Debi
Status
Not open for further replies.