Enfield poltergeist: Ed/Lorraine Warren didn't investigate

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Enfield Poltergeist Investigator Says Warrens Never Involved in "Conjuring 2" Case

Conjuring-sequel-is-a-lie1.jpg

WE LISTENED TO THIS INTERVIEW LAST NIGHT:

Hot on the heels of the debut trailer for The Conjuring 2: The Enfield Poltergeist comes a new revelation from Guy Lyon Playfair, one of the original investigators of the famous British ghost appearance, who says that controversial paranormal researchers Ed and Lorraine Warren were never involved in the case.

Billing itself as being ripped from the “true case files of Ed and Lorraine Warren”, the sequel toThe Conjuring claims to follow the duo to Brimsdown, Enfield, England, where they proceed to investigate one of the most famous cases of poltergeist activity ever recorded. There’s only one problem: Guy Lyon Playfair, member of the Society for Psychical Research and one of the chief investigators of the Enfield Poltergeist case, says they showed up “uninvited”, stayed for only a day, and alleges that they manufactured their own paranormal evidence simply “to make money out of it.”

FULL STORY AT SITE

Reactions: Mokey
Oh boy....Ed and Lorraine Warren (just my personal opinion based on interviews and personal accounts from other investigators)
I know some people really follow their stories, interviews, books and now over glorified movies......but they are the biggest fabricators known to this field. This is not to say that some of their information concerning haunted activity isn't true. They were definitely in it to make money and a name for themselves. They did the exact same thing with the Perron case. Another local team came in first and started interviewing the family. All of a sudden, guess who shows up unannounced....Ed and Lorraine. They immediately pushed the first team out and told them they were now going to handle it. Ed was known for being a chauvinist and had a relationship with a younger girl in their home. I swear every time I hear their names I just roll my eyes.

Reactions: NobleHouse
I have not heard this about the warrens. Everything I’ve read about them was that they helped people nobody else would. That they often traveled at their own expense. I think there is always two sides. They may have needed to make money to keep going in the field. There is no shame in getting paid for your work. It’s easy to defame a dead man and a 90 year old lady.

I have not heard this about the warrens. Everything I’ve read about them was that they helped people nobody else would. That they often traveled at their own expense. I think there is always two sides. They may have needed to make money to keep going in the field. There is no shame in getting paid for your work. It’s easy to defame a dead man and a 90 year old lady.
Disturbing news on the Warrens

From what I've read since that posting, Lynne, it's been confirmed.