Doppelganger-Like Copy of Me Seen. What is it? (Reddit X-Post)

Dragonslayerelf

Reaction score
Wasn't quite sure where to post this as it's more of a question than anything but, I digress

So, often, over the past few years, my relatives claim that they've seen copies of me about the house doing various things that either I don't normally do and at different ages to my current one. Once, when I was ten-ish, my mum claimed she saw me walk past her and sit in the center of my little brothers' room, only the copy was eight. When I was 14-ish, she saw a copy of me run across our entry way, only the copy was six. Earlier, my uncle told my mum (who told me) that he saw me around the age of 30, leaning on a nearby wall. Most recently - as in yesterday - my mum saw me sitting down on a couch in our living room whilst, not far away, I was upstairs sitting on the toilet. I sat down in a pose I never sit down on - she demonstrated it to me - and she walked into the room almost on accident as she thought she left something there and forgot why she walked there in the first place. There, she saw my double at age 30 (for reference, I'm 18), sitting in the dark with a distinctly red shirt - I was wearing a blue shirt today - with a peaceable position as I sat.

So, I felt compelled to do some digging. All references I have found to copies of yourself don't fit the description. Doppelgangers typically foreshadow some sort of foreboding event however are more often than not more infirm seeming copies of yourself. Such events are deaths, more than likely your own - however, as I have sent this email, I have not died upon past visages of my copy. And, what's more, the copy isn't me at this very moment. This copy is me in the future (and in some cases me in the past); This copy is what I may/will be (or was).

I did some more digging and apparently there's another thing called 'Bilocation'. Bilocation is the act of projecting an image/action of yourself into another place which is accompanied by noises and/or acts that I may perform or take in the near future. This can also be scratched off considering in all accounts, nothing was heard. I was a silent image and, again, it was not me at my current age.

So, more digging. And the only two other things I could find were an article on Etiainens and Vardogers, both essentially the same thing from two different norse cultures that are depicted as guardian spirits that reflect yourself and your image. Only, again, these spirits tend to copy your own looks. These copies did no such thing.

Whenever these copies appear, they only appear for brief moments - often only a few seconds - and take a moment to register that 'Wait, this isn't ___'. I've never seen something like it myself, but I'm fairly sure that it may be something I'm unable to see for myself and it may be intentionally avoiding me, waiting until I'm off doing something to appear. Thus, I'm sure it's rather hard to snap a picture of the thing as one of my brothers sort of looks like me when I was younger and, considering I'm essentially an adult and it often appears in the dark, 30 year old me is sort of indistinguishable from current me if I'm clean shaven.

Reddit (more specifically /r/paranormal) held no answers for me, only more questions, so I came here, to what I guess must be a hotspot for people who've had these sorts of experiences and knows about this sort of thing. So, anyone have a clue about any of this?

Wasn't quite sure where to post this as it's more of a question than anything but, I digress

So, often, over the past few years, my relatives claim that they've seen copies of me about the house doing various things that either I don't normally do and at different ages to my current one. Once, when I was ten-ish, my mum claimed she saw me walk past her and sit in the center of my little brothers' room, only the copy was eight. When I was 14-ish, she saw a copy of me run across our entry way, only the copy was six. Earlier, my uncle told my mum (who told me) that he saw me around the age of 30, leaning on a nearby wall. Most recently - as in yesterday - my mum saw me sitting down on a couch in our living room whilst, not far away, I was upstairs sitting on the toilet. I sat down in a pose I never sit down on - she demonstrated it to me - and she walked into the room almost on accident as she thought she left something there and forgot why she walked there in the first place. There, she saw my double at age 30 (for reference, I'm 18), sitting in the dark with a distinctly red shirt - I was wearing a blue shirt today - with a peaceable position as I sat.

So, I felt compelled to do some digging. All references I have found to copies of yourself don't fit the description. Doppelgangers typically foreshadow some sort of foreboding event however are more often than not more infirm seeming copies of yourself. Such events are deaths, more than likely your own - however, as I have sent this email, I have not died upon past visages of my copy. And, what's more, the copy isn't me at this very moment. This copy is me in the future (and in some cases me in the past); This copy is what I may/will be (or was).

I did some more digging and apparently there's another thing called 'Bilocation'. Bilocation is the act of projecting an image/action of yourself into another place which is accompanied by noises and/or acts that I may perform or take in the near future. This can also be scratched off considering in all accounts, nothing was heard. I was a silent image and, again, it was not me at my current age.

So, more digging. And the only two other things I could find were an article on Etiainens and Vardogers, both essentially the same thing from two different norse cultures that are depicted as guardian spirits that reflect yourself and your image. Only, again, these spirits tend to copy your own looks. These copies did no such thing.

Whenever these copies appear, they only appear for brief moments - often only a few seconds - and take a moment to register that 'Wait, this isn't ___'. I've never seen something like it myself, but I'm fairly sure that it may be something I'm unable to see for myself and it may be intentionally avoiding me, waiting until I'm off doing something to appear. Thus, I'm sure it's rather hard to snap a picture of the thing as one of my brothers sort of looks like me when I was younger and, considering I'm essentially an adult and it often appears in the dark, 30 year old me is sort of indistinguishable from current me if I'm clean shaven.

Reddit (more specifically /r/paranormal) held no answers for me, only more questions, so I came here, to what I guess must be a hotspot for people who've had these sorts of experiences and knows about this sort of thing. So, anyone have a clue about any of this?
Welcome, Dragonslayerelf to the ParaNormal Forum (PNF). I don't have an answer to your questions. I have seen pictures of doppelgangers and just thought that it was an amazing coincidence that two unrelated people, two people with different parents look identical. You will no doubt get some opinions from PNF members.

Well, got to say this is a new one for me. Hi and welcome!

Possible ideas:

Time slips

Another entity mimicking you

Interdimensional "you's" somehow crossing into this dimension

Any of those things resonate as possible for you?

Possible ideas:

Time slips

Debi you read my mind here. My first thought was time slips. The theory that all time is happening at once. It's odd tho that it's just effecting him.

Oh and welcome to the forum dragonslayer. Have you had any other odd occurances? Your family? Anyone with psysic abilities.

Reactions: Dragonslayerelf

Possible ideas:

Time slips

Debi you read my mind here. My first thought was time slips. The theory that all time is happening at once. It's odd tho that it's just effecting him.

It depends on what qualities are typically attributed to these things, however, I'd say that interdimensional "me's" and time slips is kinda out of place considering the scenario. I'd definitely say that it may be another entity mimicking me, but to what end? And, moreover, what is it? It doesn't appear to be an omen nor does it appear to have a malicious purpose in mind unless it's an omen of something happening when I'm 30ish?

Oh and welcome to the forum dragonslayer. Have you had any other odd occurances? Your family? Anyone with psysic abilities.

My mother and, by extension, her side of the family appear to attract paranormal attention and are able to tune into that. On top of that both my mum and my dad see auras (I don't quite have anything of the sort yet. It's a hopeful yet though.) and I seem to be a magnet for paranormal activity, however I'm never there/awake to witness it.

Welcome, Dragonslayerelf to the ParaNormal Forum (PNF). I don't have an answer to your questions. I have seen pictures of doppelgangers and just thought that it was an amazing coincidence that two unrelated people, two people with different parents look identical. You will no doubt get some opinions from PNF members.

Different kind of doppelganger. A doppelganger is also a spirit believed to be an omen of some great and terrible event in one's life. It is believed that Lincoln saw his doppelganger before he was killed by John Wilkes Boothe.

Reactions: 7Critter
It depends on what qualities are typically attributed to these things, however, I'd say that interdimensional "me's" and time slips is kinda out of place considering the scenario. I'd definitely say that it may be another entity mimicking me, but to what end? And, moreover, what is it? It doesn't appear to be an omen nor does it appear to have a malicious purpose in mind unless it's an omen of something happening when I'm 30ish?

My mother and, by extension, her side of the family appear to attract paranormal attention and are able to tune into that. On top of that both my mum and my dad see auras (I don't quite have anything of the sort yet. It's a hopeful yet though.) and I seem to be a magnet for paranormal activity, however I'm never there/awake to witness it.

Different kind of doppelganger. A doppelganger is also a spirit believed to be an omen of some great and terrible event in one's life. It is believed that Lincoln saw his doppelganger before he was killed by John Wilkes Boothe.
Thanks for sharing , you have stumped me but there are others here who might have an idea

Reactions: Dragonslayerelf
There is one other possibility I can think of. That would be poltergeist type of power with you unconciously projecting it. You are in the age group where this type of activity is not uncommon.

There is one other possibility I can think of. That would be poltergeist type of power with you unconciously projecting it. You are in the age group where this type of activity is not uncommon.

Could you explain this further?

Reactions: Lynne
The most common type of activity sometimes attributed to a person is poltergeist activity. According to Wikipedia, the term “poltergeist” comes from the German word “poltem” (to make sound) and “geist” (ghost and spirit or a noisy ghost). They are most often known for physical disturbances; objects that move and may be destroyed, the levitation of objects, knocks, and sometime even physical touch. Poltergeist activity often ends as quickly as it comes and some well-documented cases can trace the time lines of such behavior to a specific person who is experiencing severe hormonal changes or emotional periods.

Children, both male and female, may unconsciously “project” their angst and emotional energy and can cause “poltergeist” activity. This behavior is most commonly seen in cases of children during puberty. There are numerous documented cases of such behavior involving pubescent children or young adults.

However, there is also a known poltergeist link to this energy forming Tulpas. This is a thought form turned physical.

I'll try to pull up some further material on this for you, Dragon.