Did you have...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
DID YOU HAVE CHILDHOOD IDOLS AND/OR ROLE MODELS? WHAT SHOWS INFLUENCED YOU?

24129889_1270952526337911_3810672863069454931_n.jpg

Jacques Cousteau and a few other wildlife personalities....followed closely by G.I. Joe......lol
I always loved the Jacques Cousteau specials. We have a marine archeaologist here as a member who I believe was influenced by him as well.

Reactions: Lynne
he was a pioneer in that field of research, his research and contributions played a vital part in where the field of marine biology and conservation are today.

Reactions: Debi
Andy Griffith and Gene Berry both played inspiring lawyers. As a kid I wanted to become a lawyer. I did get a paralegal degree lol. Didn’t make it any further in that field. I always wanted barbies car and wardrobe :p

Last edited:
DID YOU HAVE CHILDHOOD IDOLS AND/OR ROLE MODELS? WHAT SHOWS INFLUENCED YOU?

24129889_1270952526337911_3810672863069454931_n.jpg

Yes, and it was the characters of Star Trek.

At about age 30 my closest friends actually voted me, “Most Likely to be Confused with Mr. Spock.”

What they didn’t know about my logical demeanor is that it mostly came from my attempts to work against my telepathic and empathetic episodes.

However, now that I think about it again at age 55, I realize Mr. Spock could both read minds and feel other’s emotions through his Vulcan Mind Melds.

Reactions: Lynne and 7Critter
Yes, and it was the characters of Star Trek.

At about age 30 my closest friends actually voted me, “Most Likely to be Confused with Mr. Spock.”

What they didn’t know about my logical demeanor is that it mostly came from my attempts to work against my telepathic and empathetic episodes.

However, now that I think about it again at age 55, I realize Mr. Spock could both read minds and feel other’s emotions through his Vulcan Mind Melds.
Oh you picked the wrong handle then lol. You should have used Spock! This gave me a good feel for your personality ! I love Star Trek too

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
Oh you picked the wrong handle then lol. You should have used Spock! This gave me a good feel for your personality ! I love Star Trek too

Good point Lynne. But given the chance to do it over, I’d need a username that describes me as the Love Child offspring of Mr. Spock and Counselor Deanna Troi - reserved in manner but always reading everyones’ thoughts!

Reactions: Lynne and Debi