Devil's Millhopper Encounter

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
You Can Have A Terrifying Alien Encounter at This WEIRD Waterfall in Gainesville

WEIRD-Waterfall-in-Gainesville-ftr.jpg

Florida is home to some of the most beautiful waterfalls ever formed in the United States. In fact, many Florida natives make yearly trips to visit these formations, including the Devil’s Millhopper site in Gainesville. But not everyone visits this particular waterfall because of its beauty…

Hunting for Ghosts in Gainesville
Phil (Name changed for privacy), a local explorer and self-appointed ghost hunter had caught wind that the area had become rife with paranormal activity shortly after June 6, eleven years ago. He decided Devil’s Millhopper was the perfect place to test out some new equipment. “I had just gotten the Ovilus 3 as a gift to myself for my birthday, and I was super excited to try the spirit box out.

"I figured why not break it in in a place that is said to be haunted?” he said with a faint smile. “So two days later I drove to Gainesville and made my way through the geological site. As I walked, I turned the Ovilus on and hoped that at least one spirit would be willing to speak to me through the machine.

"Every once in a while, it would spit out random words—words that seemingly had no connection to me or where I was, such as ‘apple’ and ‘breathe.’ But I was still hopeful and continued my quest. As the waterfall came into view, I took a step and gasped out loud from the shock.

"It’s hard to describe,” Phil said, running his hands through his dark hair. “It felt like I had suddenly submerged myself into a pool of ice water, so drastic was the difference in temperature. I shivered from head to toe but remained in that spot, wondering if I had come across a supernatural cold spot, which is often the sign of a spirit nearby.

A Terrifying Message

Cold’ said my Ovilus in a male voice, and I grew incredibly tense and excited at the same time. ‘Is someone there?’ I called out. ‘Location’ read the Ovilus not thirty seconds later.

‘Did you die here?’ I asked the hot, sticky air. ‘Space. Far’ said the Ovilus, speaking the words one after the other. Puzzled, I looked all around me until movement caught my eye by the waterfall.

"I strained my eyes to see through the water, and I forced myself to not immediately turn and run screaming in the opposite direction,” he murmured quietly. “Staring at me through the water was what appeared to be some humanoid creature I could not identify. It’s skin was waxy and a sickly gray color, but what terrified me was the creature’s eyes…

"They were four times the size of normal human eyes, and they were pitch black. As I gaped at the creature, my Ovilus said ‘harm’ three times in quick succession. I was terrified, needless to say,” Phil said, his face drained of color.

“I spun on my heels and ran as fast as I could. After a few moments, I turned to look back at the creature behind the waterfall, but it had disappeared. I didn’t stay in Gainesville to see where it wound up.”