Demons and Djinn discussion

Soul Edge

Reaction score
NOTE: This thread was created from another conversation that took an interesting turn. Do join in the discussion.

I'm a "bit" older than you, Edge, ( a lot of bit) and there was a day people reacted quite differently. Until sometime after Ruth Montgomery and Jean Dixon brought it into the White House in the Kennedy era, some people still reacted to even talk of the paranormal with fear and accusations of evil.

I didn't mean to deny that that is what may have occurred and my apologies if it came across that way. I was merely describing what I myself had experienced, where the talk of paranormal occurrences/entities (or more their encounters) were met with skepticism or even ridicule if someone were to say that they've experienced something. However, for those who believe or are at least open to it, their reaction is to get scared even at discussions of the paranormal, as there is the underlying belief that talking about these entities attracts their attention.

Even now, to the point where people are afraid to mention the name we know these entities by, i.e. jinn, and while referring to them use some type of euphemism, if you want to call it that, like those other guys or those other creation. With all that being said, I suppose that there are people who might get scared of someone having any type of connection (more by action than by interest though) with the paranormal, but on my side, I'm very selective about whom I will share such things with.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't mean to deny that that is what may have occurred and my apologies if it came across that way. I was merely describing what I myself had experienced, where the talk of paranormal occurrences/entities (or more their encounters) were met with skepticism or even ridicule if someone were to say that they've experienced something. However, for those who believe or are at least open to it, their reaction is to get scared even at discussions of the paranormal, as there is the underlying belief that talking about these entities attracts their attention.

Even now, to the point where people are afraid to mention the name we know these entities by, i.e. jinn, and while referring to them use some type of euphemism, if you want to call it that, like those other guys or those other creation. With all that being said, I suppose that there are people who might get scared of someone having any type of connection (more by action than by interest though) with the paranormal, but on my side, I'm very selective about whom I will share such things with.
Hi Edge. Can I ask if you live in the US or over seas somewhere? Just wondered because you speak of Jinn. That is not common here.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
Hi Edge. Can I ask if you live in the US or over seas somewhere? Just wondered because you speak of Jinn. That is not common here.

I live in Canada and Muslim by faith, Indian origin.

Reactions: Lynne
I didn't mean to deny that that is what may have occurred and my apologies if it came across that way
It did not at all and no apology needed! I was just sharing what it was like in my past. You know, the days of the dinosaurs....lol

The djinn and demons appear to have much in common but are different enough to be two classifications. I appreciated the description you gave of how people won't name them or even talk about them.

Reactions: Paintman
It did not at all and no apology needed! I was just sharing what it was like in my past. You know, the days of the dinosaurs....lol

The djinn and demons appear to have much in common but are different enough to be two classifications. I appreciated the description you gave of how people won't name them or even talk about them.

Thanks for sharing, and though it may have been in the past, I'd say that type of reaction is still would still be common among those who believe in the unseen (as I refer to the collective of entities, dark magic etc). If someone were known to be involved in something like dark magic or conjuring demons (or even claimed to do so), then even believers of today would do their best to avoid them to avoid trouble from them.

For us, demons are a subset of jinn. There are a few different kinds, of which I am not that well versed myself. There are devils, ifrits and then jinn of different kinds from what I know. Even Satan is a jinn in Islamic belief. What are the differences between jinn and demons from your perspective/belief system?

Reactions: Benway
Thanks for sharing, and though it may have been in the past, I'd say that type of reaction is still would still be common among those who believe in the unseen (as I refer to the collective of entities, dark magic etc). If someone were known to be involved in something like dark magic or conjuring demons (or even claimed to do so), then even believers of today would do their best to avoid them to avoid trouble from them.

For us, demons are a subset of jinn. There are a few different kinds, of which I am not that well versed myself. There are devils, ifrits and then jinn of different kinds from what I know. Even Satan is a jinn in Islamic belief. What are the differences between jinn and demons from your perspective/belief system?
That varies from denomination and paranormal viewpoints, so speaking from my own viewpoint I would say they are like cousins, with the djinn having a different set of powers that are more difficult to deal with. I see them as from two different realms, with different "rules". On the other hand, bad entities are bad entities and the semantics hardly matter. Coming up against either would be something I'd like to avoid.

Interesting.
That varies from denomination and paranormal viewpoints, so speaking from my own viewpoint I would say they are like cousins, with the djinn having a different set of powers that are more difficult to deal with. I see them as from two different realms, with different "rules". On the other hand, bad entities are bad entities and the semantics hardly matter. Coming up against either would be something I'd like to avoid.

Interesting. I would have thought it's the other way around. Actually that reminds me of another detail why people are scared of the paranormal--the understanding is if you try to help someone who is afflicted, you will be open to repercussions for it. In other words, whoever tries to help someone against dark magic or entity possession may face some form of repercussions for trying. So people would be scared of someone who does that kind of stuff and of sometimes to get involved with anyone allegedly afflicted by it.

Reactions: Paintman
Interesting.

Interesting. I would have thought it's the other way around. Actually that reminds me of another detail why people are scared of the paranormal--the understanding is if you try to help someone who is afflicted, you will be open to repercussions for it. In other words, whoever tries to help someone against dark magic or entity possession may face some form of repercussions for trying. So people would be scared of someone who does that kind of stuff and of sometimes to get involved with anyone allegedly afflicted by it.
This is true on the repercussions. Demons/djinn appear to work outside of space/time and even know in advance if someone is going to become involved in the fight against them. There are many, many reports from investigators and demonologists who have had an attack from the entity before even going to the site or seeing the person with the problem. There is also the problem of being "tagged" or marked by a demon who then, even after the involvement, seems to follow the investigator throughout their life. This has been noted to be the case by almost every demonologist out there and the reason several have left the field in order to protect their families. There are actually two right now that are known to me that have stepped back and away to protect their children.

I myself know of a few people who have withdrawn from the field for that very reason. Though there are ways to protect oneself and ones children.

The following is from my personal perspective/experience - the core of the issue is usually not from the entity itself but usually of human origin. In terms of risks and protections, once one takes measures to protect oneself, a separate measure isn't for each entity/spell. Also, an entity attacking someone like that isn't free from risk to itself either but this itself can become its own discussion.

Reactions: Benway and Debi
I myself know of a few people who have withdrawn from the field for that very reason. Though there are ways to protect oneself and ones children.

The following is from my personal perspective/experience - the core of the issue is usually not from the entity itself but usually of human origin. In terms of risks and protections, once one takes measures to protect oneself, a separate measure isn't for each entity/spell. Also, an entity attacking someone like that isn't free from risk to itself either but this itself can become its own discussion.
Edge what is your expierence with these entities?

Reactions: Debi