Demonic Smell?

Generally demonic scents have been related to sulfur or rotten flesh, but I'm still broadening my knowledge on demons so they could manifest themselves through other odors, but in a broad context, demonic smells (based on the descriptions I have read) tend to be much more foul than burning wood.

In terms of sweet/pleasant smells, it has been documented that these are not necessarily female entities as in some odd cases it was believed to be male entities giving off the perfume-like scent.

As for the burning wood smell, I don't know the layout of your home, but it could be possible that there was wood burning somewhere and the smell got into your home through a window or air vent. I know with my home it happens sometimes where something is burning in the distance but the way the house is structured, you can only smell it in certain parts of the house. I'm not saying what you experienced was not paranormal, as I said, I do not know the layout of your house but if it happens again, try make sure you can rule that possibility out just in case. During my 2010 haunting I smelled burning wood as well only in my room and thought it was a paranormal occurrence but it turned out the neighbor was actually burning wood. But keep us posted :)

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman