"Dear David" ghost (Update)

I'm very skeptical about this article right now. If he thought in his dream he should take pictures, how would he be able to take the pictures if he was still dreaming? Because that would imply he was asleep. He could simply be frequently experiencing sleep paralysis, and if I recall correctly there have been reports where people saw terrifying things in their room that was actually part of their dreams. This is the result of brain and muscles not being "connected" during REM sleep but sometimes when someone wakes up the muscles and brain stay "disconnected" and their dreams appear to be physically in the room with them.

When the paralysis goes away, the entity in the dream disappears as well. Another reason why I question how he was able to capture photos during this state. Not to mention if it's dark in the room, a phone screen lighting up is pretty blinding and takes a bit of time getting used to and the bright screen creates a tunnel vision effect where you will see the screen and everythign around you is black. How was he able to aim the camera so perfectly assuming this was the case as well?

I personally think that all this guy is experiencing is sleep paralysis, and that photo looks a bit photoshopped. And given that the guy is an illustrator, I'm sure he could have some high-end photo editing software and skills. The video could have been rigged as well, I'm not sure, but I think this guy is just trying to create stir on Twitter. Those are my thoughts, what's your guys' thoughts on this?

Reactions: 7Critter
I'm very skeptical about this article right now. If he thought in his dream he should take pictures, how would he be able to take the pictures if he was still dreaming? Because that would imply he was asleep. He could simply be frequently experiencing sleep paralysis, and if I recall correctly there have been reports where people saw terrifying things in their room that was actually part of their dreams. This is the result of brain and muscles not being "connected" during REM sleep but sometimes when someone wakes up the muscles and brain stay "disconnected" and their dreams appear to be physically in the room with them.

When the paralysis goes away, the entity in the dream disappears as well. Another reason why I question how he was able to capture photos during this state. Not to mention if it's dark in the room, a phone screen lighting up is pretty blinding and takes a bit of time getting used to and the bright screen creates a tunnel vision effect where you will see the screen and everythign around you is black. How was he able to aim the camera so perfectly assuming this was the case as well?

I personally think that all this guy is experiencing is sleep paralysis, and that photo looks a bit photoshopped. And given that the guy is an illustrator, I'm sure he could have some high-end photo editing software and skills. The video could have been rigged as well, I'm not sure, but I think this guy is just trying to create stir on Twitter. Those are my thoughts, what's your guys' thoughts on this?
I agree with your thoughts, Vibe. This one just seems "wrong" to me. Too many conflicting factors on it.

Reactions: Brody

He should read this post to the creepy ghost baby and it might leave him the hec alone!!!
I don’t buy it either!

The ghost story that never ends! Man who says he is haunted by the spirit of a demon child finds an old shoe and a marble hidden in his apartment after hearing terrifying noises on his roof
  • Adam Ellis, who lives in New York, believes the ghost of a child named Dear David is haunting his apartment
  • The cartoonist has been chronicling every spooky happening since August on his Twitter account, which now has 666,000 followers
  • Earlier this month, Adam started hearing strange noises coming from his roof
  • He decided to investigate a mysterious hatch located in his hallway, which he never paid much attention to until the noises occurred
  • Paid $38.99 for a long pole to open the hatch and was shocked when an old shoe dropped from the opening; his landlord later found a marble in the same space
  • In the past, Adam chronicled other abnormal phenomenons, which include his cats staring at the door at midnight every night and unmarked calls

Read more: NY man 'haunted by spirit of demon child finds old shoe' | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Not much evidence here in my opinion