Dark Matter 10/8 - Art Bell interviews John Hogue

Discussion in 'October 2013' started by Shadow, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Zoxo

Zoxo
    Expand Collapse

Thankfully I don't have to deal with that problem any more... I just don't listen to him any longer :p

I've only been listening to the KING of late night radio re-runs since Jan! (that's when my streamlink ended)

Seahunter likes this.
  2. ......

Expand Collapse

So True!
    And that's the reason John will not be on our show again.

3. ......

Expand Collapse

Pretty much.
    I've always told Debi that I could go mow the yard, go shopping for an hour and John would still be talking when I got back...

Armand likes this.
  4. Armand

Armand
    Expand Collapse
    Dilectis Dei
    Tier-1 Mod

Penn Jillette: We'll play along. This Antichrist—what do we call him?
    John Hogue: [Consulting his own book] This one is called "Mabus", m-a-b-u-s. There are a couple of ways to decode that word. M-a-b-u-s, uuh, reversed, which is a common practice in the 16th century, becomes "Subam". If you can then, uh, always replace one letter with another…
    Penn Jillette: Who says you can do that!?
    John Hogue: …the "u", the "a"; Saddam.
    Penn Jillette: ...as in Saddam Hussein. But what's this about moving letters around?
    James Randi: The rule of dropping a letter out or adding a letter is something invented by the Nostradamians, because if you add or subtract a letter, or add and subtract a letter to any word, you can make it into almost anything you want, if you move it around enough.
    Penn Jillette: …which is exactly what this whackjob is doing! Ladies and gentlemen, this is the very definition of bullshit.