Dark Matter 10/7 - Art Bell interviews the Ghost Investigators Society

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing I want to say is that if indeed there are the ghosts/spirits of children who are lost somehow or in peril, what they need in living adults (who want to help) is confidence, strength and clarity. When I was a kid, if I'd died and was wandering the earth with other spirits and gasp! ...demons- I would be pretty disappointed if the first adults that come along that think I might be there are a couple of teary eyed, easily frightened types. Like, for example, when a town is flattened by a hurricane or a tornado, the mayor should not get on tv and start crying and mumbling semi-coherently. It's not because a mayor should never cry (man or not), it's because the people of the shattered town need strength and courage in the face of disaster. If a guy is married, for example, and something traumatic happens to his children, his wife and kids are going to feel a LOT better if he is strong, capable and like a rock for them all to lean on.

When the little kid was lost in another dimension on The Twilight Zone, how would he have felt if his dad just freaked out and went into the nearest closet and wept the entire night?

Another thing I want to say is that if indeed there are the ghosts/spirits of children who are lost somehow or in peril, what they need in living adults (who want to help) is confidence, strength and clarity. When I was a kid, if I'd died and was wandering the earth with other spirits and gasp! ...demons- I would be pretty disappointed if the first adults that come along that think I might be there are a couple of teary eyed, easily frightened types. Like, for example, when a town is flattened by a hurricane or a tornado, the mayor should not get on tv and start crying and mumbling semi-coherently. It's not because a mayor should never cry (man or not), it's because the people of the shattered town need strength and courage in the face of disaster. If a guy is married, for example, and something traumatic happens to his children, his wife and kids are going to feel a LOT better if he is strong, capable and like a rock for them all to lean on.

When the little kid was lost in another dimension on The Twilight Zone, how would he have felt if his dad just freaked out and went into the nearest closet and wept the entire night?
I think I'm following you here. So, Clint Eastwood, and say Chuck Norris (sorry, I'm old so I don't know any younger tough guys) are the quintessential ghost hunters because they would never show emotion? I had to euthanize my dog in July and I cried. Does this mean I can never be a ghost hunter?

Sorry about your dog Roy. That's something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

Sorry about your dog Roy. That's something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.
Thanks Leo. Yeah, that is one of the most difficult parts of having our little guys. From the time an ultrasound caught cancer, she went downhill super fast and only made it a couple weeks longer. It was hard to do, but my vet assured me it was the right time. If you get a chance, check out my album for a couple pictures of her. Her name was Sophie, and she is the black one. I still have her niece, Carmen, the blue one. Thanks again.

http://darkmatterxm.com/useralbums/roy-hinkleys-photo-album.2/view

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.