Dark Matter 10/31 Art Bell's Spooky Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight, while I'm at my haunt.... doing my haunting... I get a phone call from a blocked number. At the time, I didn't answer it, as I had patrons in front of me that needed scaring. A few moments later, I get a text message from my wife. She says, "pick up your phone", and "the call is blocked". I didn't have a clue what she was talking about. Well...as it turned out, it was the Art Bell Dark Matter show.... calling to have me discuss my story I submitted!!! Wow, what an honor!!!! But I had to miss it. I didn't think in a MILLION years that my story would have been selected. After I had sent it, Art had said.... "I'm only selecting the scary ones".... Well, mine wasn't scary!!! I didn't think in a MILLION years that it would have been selected!!!! Oh well... Maybe I can get on open lines one day!!
Damn! I wish you had been able to tell your story. I'm sure it would have been much better than the drivel we heard from the other callers. There were only a couple that were decent.

Reactions: Zoxo
Do you think Sirius will go for that?
I'm not sure. Art said there are plenty of people listening on their vehicle's Sirius, and that it was for the people trying to listen at home. I would think Sirius would not like the loss of revenue from Art allowing free streaming, but Art also said there have been a lot of Sirius cancellations due to the continual loss of connection from the show. He seems to have a lot of pull with Sirius however, so I will not be surprised if he pulls it off.

Hello Dark Riders! Well.... I had a lot of fun in the last ten days. I managed to get back to the haunted house that I have been acting in. I scared a LOT of people, and tonight was the highlight. This Haunted House that I volunteer in, is ranked as one of the number one haunted houses in British Columbia Canada. Take a look at the pictures I posted. Boy what a BLAST I had.... However.... read my next post.
Hey Zoxo,

I'm glad you were able to get back to your haunting!

For those looking for the pics:

http://darkmatterxm.com/useralbums/island-haunt.17/view

Tonight, while I'm at my haunt.... doing my haunting... I get a phone call from a blocked number. At the time, I didn't answer it, as I had patrons in front of me that needed scaring. A few moments later, I get a text message from my wife. She says, "pick up your phone", and "the call is blocked". I didn't have a clue what she was talking about. Well...as it turned out, it was the Art Bell Dark Matter show.... calling to have me discuss my story I submitted!!! Wow, what an honor!!!! But I had to miss it. I didn't think in a MILLION years that my story would have been selected. After I had sent it, Art had said.... "I'm only selecting the scary ones".... Well, mine wasn't scary!!! I didn't think in a MILLION years that it would have been selected!!!! Oh well... Maybe I can get on open lines one day!!
Oh, too bad you didn't get on! With all the lame stories last night, I'm sure yours would have been great! Hopefully you can get in on Open Lines one night.

Oh, too bad you didn't get on! With all the lame stories last night, I'm sure yours would have been great! Hopefully you can get in on Open Lines one night.
Man!!! I know Professor!!!!! UGHHHH!!!! I am so disappointed! Just have to wait for a relevant topic to come up!

Damn! I wish you had been able to tell your story. I'm sure it would have been much better than the drivel we heard from the other callers. There were only a couple that were decent.
I'm going to work open lines as soon as a relevant topic comes up Naked Apple! KICKING MYSELF!!!!! Art said 'SCARY" stories. Obviously he didn't get enough scary if that is all.

I'm not sure. Art said there are plenty of people listening on their vehicle's Sirius, and that it was for the people trying to listen at home. I would think Sirius would not like the loss of revenue from Art allowing free streaming, but Art also said there have been a lot of Sirius cancellations due to the continual loss of connection from the show. He seems to have a lot of pull with Sirius however, so I will not be surprised if he pulls it off.
A fair compromise would be something like $5 a month streaming only at a computer. That's affordable enough that many people would join, and since it is only streaming through the computer, it is not taking away from the Sirius car subscriptions. To be honest, the only show worth anything to me on Sirius is Art's show. If I had cared about the other content, I would have signed up for a subscription long ago. Also, there are many others who can't justify $15 a month for just one show (Art's).

A fair compromise would be something like $5 a month streaming only at a computer. That's affordable enough that many people would join, and since it is only streaming through the computer, it is not taking away from the Sirius car subscriptions. To be honest, the only show worth anything to me on Sirius is Art's show. If I had cared about the other content, I would have signed up for a subscription long ago. Also, there are many others who can't justify $15 a month for just one show (Art's).
Yeah, that sounds reasonable. I got a cheap six-month trial to be sure to get the first few months, but it's hard to justify $15 for one show. The other content like music channels and old-time radio I can get on my internet radio for free, so there is nothing new there for me. I have used the Sirius in my vehicle since I subscribed, but it is nothing I just can't live without.

Status
Not open for further replies.