Dark Matter 10/31 Art Bell's Spooky Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, We finally got a good call - guy just had a semi-interesting story of his friend tugging his foot at night to say good-bye because he had died - he starts to say but there's more... and Art cuts him off!

Okay, 90% of the callers CANNOT get to the point! This is something I thought we all learned in grade school - how to tell a story in a concise, logical (well thought out) manner and GET TO THE POINT!

Well this was sort of a big letdown. The big announcement is Art has asked Sirius for free streaming of the show to be available from Art's website. He said it was because of all the listeners who were getting bad reception from Sirius and getting dropped all the time. I guess it's not Sirius that is dropping, but at the listener end, so if they offer the free stream, people won't be getting dropped all the time.

Last edited:
Hello Dark Riders! Well.... I had a lot of fun in the last ten days. I managed to get back to the haunted house that I have been acting in. I scared a LOT of people, and tonight was the highlight. This Haunted House that I volunteer in, is ranked as one of the number one haunted houses in British Columbia Canada. Take a look at the pictures I posted. Boy what a BLAST I had.... However.... read my next post.

Tonight, while I'm at my haunt.... doing my haunting... I get a phone call from a blocked number. At the time, I didn't answer it, as I had patrons in front of me that needed scaring. A few moments later, I get a text message from my wife. She says, "pick up your phone", and "the call is blocked". I didn't have a clue what she was talking about. Well...as it turned out, it was the Art Bell Dark Matter show.... calling to have me discuss my story I submitted!!! Wow, what an honor!!!! But I had to miss it. I didn't think in a MILLION years that my story would have been selected. After I had sent it, Art had said.... "I'm only selecting the scary ones".... Well, mine wasn't scary!!! I didn't think in a MILLION years that it would have been selected!!!! Oh well... Maybe I can get on open lines one day!!

Okay, 90% of the callers CANNOT get to the point! This is something I thought we all learned in grade school - how to tell a story in a concise, logical (well thought out) manner and GET TO THE POINT!
I know. Spooky Matter was a bust. Callers were rambling and annoying and their stories were not even scary. Considering that Art had this information beforehand, I wish he had just interviewed each person off air, before the show and then related the story in Art's own words.

Art's voice is mesmerizing and his delivery second to none. I would much rather hear Art relate the stories than the yahoo callers.

Reactions: Seahunter
Status
Not open for further replies.