Dark Matter 10/3 - Art Bell interviews Linda Moulton Howe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to listen to this show on demand to catch up, and it was pretty good. I think on C2C they want her to be more of a strict reporter, but on Dark Matter we actually got to hear her talk about things, not just report on them. And it was great!

I had to listen to this show on demand to catch up, and it was pretty good. I think on C2C they want her to be more of a strict reporter, but on Dark Matter we actually got to hear her talk about things, not just report on them. And it was great!
In my opinion it is because she was ENGAGED.... she had to answer Art's questions, and discuss topics with him.... You are right about just being a "reporter".... Love it!!

Reactions: Naked Apple
In my opinion it is because she was ENGAGED.... she had to answer Art's questions, and discuss topics with him.... You are right about just being a "reporter".... Love it!!
I agree. On that other show I believe LMH is probably told to just read her latest reports while the host has a 3 hour snooze. Every few minutes he will add "Great report Linda".

It is refreshing to hear someone actually take an interest in what the guest is saying and engage them in an interactive conversation.

As Art has said in the Time.com interview when asked about that other host - "He's a lazy broadcaster"!

Reactions: Naked Apple
She definitely sounded a lot more engaging and happy. She even laughed a few times like when JC called in. Linda was happy to be doing the interview for sure.
She was probably happy to be on with a professional instead of an asshat!

Yes, Noory just lets her drone on and on. No doubt he is lurking at sites that discuss him and answering emails while Linda does all the heavy lifting during the show. That April Fools joke he played on her where he fired her on air was disgraceful. It was mean spirited and in bad taste. Much like Snors.

I agree. On that other show I believe LMH is probably told to just read her latest reports while the host has a 3 hour snooze. Every few minutes he will add "Great report Linda".

It is refreshing to hear someone actually take an interest in what the guest is saying and engage them in an interactive conversation.

As Art has said in the Time.com interview when asked about that other host - "He's a lazy broadcaster"!
OMG! Just read your post. Great minds must think alike! ;)

I completely agree that her 'interview' is a night off for George.

You miss the point, not paying attention. She is Reporting, not chatting. She reads transcripts of interviews so you know that you are getting verbatim quotes from her subjects. This way you know she,s not putting words in their mouths, etc. This lady is not just a reporter, she is a seasoned, educated and respected Journalist. Next time pay a little closer attention you'll see what I mean.
Absolutely, she is definitely a seasoned, respected, and educated journalist. Pay closer attention?? I'm just noting the differences between when Art interviews her, vs Noory's. Art gets her discussing matters, and asks her questions to make her explain the topics, and not just read them. Don't get me wrong.... I really DO like Linda....but not a complete interview of script reading.

Reactions: Debi
Status
Not open for further replies.