• Coincidence

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Communication

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Smitty05

Reaction score
I’d like feedback or thoughts from individuals who aren’t skeptics
I lost my mom in 2015-her passing was rather sudden and unexpected despite the fact that she was in the hospital and she had been sick for at least a year prior... but the doctors said she was recovering ...the doctors were days away from releasing her- she was coming home! Sadly, she never came home.
Few months after she passed- I got an e-mail for pre-sale tickets for a psychic medium who has a television show and tours giving live readings. I’m not sure why I got that e-mail, I don’t have any kind of account with either the medium or the show or the venue this reading was being held at. Odd.
Interestingly— I absolutely LOVE this medium and watch the show all the time... I’ve always wanted a reading... from anyone honestly, so I bought tickets for my sister and I.
We didn’t get a reading at the show- but after hearing the other readings and stories, there were families who needed it more than we did. I desperately want to hear from my mom- but the last thing I said to her on Mothers Day, the last time I saw her conscious, just thirty six hours before we lost her, was “I love you and will see you soon.” And I gave her a big hug because she was up in a chair (she was coming home!)- she been in a bed for about 3 weeks. I’m SO thankful for that because so many don’t get that chance, to have comfort knowing the last thing said was I love you. More often there so many questions left unanswered.
I think my mom made sure we knew she was there! But it is so like her to give to people who need it more. She did that my entire life. She knew other families desperately needed answers and closure and comfort.
Now, my question from the unbiased-
Coincidence or Communication?
I get the unusual e-mail... buy the tickets online, the seats are chosen best available at that time, you don’t choose. Completely random.
We get seats in Section 3, Row J, Seats 6&7.
Her name begins with the row we’re in— J. Her birth month is March, the 3rd month— we’re in section 3. And her birthday is the 13th— seats 6&7, 6+7=13
I bought them immediately, before realizing the “coincidence”. Later after I purchased them, I realized that, in my opinion, that was mom telling us she was there with us, but let those who needed the communication receive it, rather than those, my sister and I, who wanted it.
Thoughts?

First, let me say welcome to the forum and so sorry for your loss, Smitty. I lost my mom in 2010.

I would say this is more than coincidence, and a message of confirmation to you. Recently had an experience with my mom that I shared here that was just that "little message" that I needed to confirm something for me. Some might call it a synchronistic event...others call it a small miracle of message.

Whatever it is, if it gave you and your family comfort, that is what she was trying to give you. I'm impressed with your level of understanding that others needed messages more that day. That is a kind heart at work. When it's the right time, I suspect you will be given even more. Sometimes it's difficult to wait, but watch your dreams for her to drop by.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
Welcome Smitty. I'm almost not new here any longer; one more week makes my participation a month old. So glad you joined in with us. I'm glad that you can talk with us about your relationship with your Mom. I too lost my Mom way back in 1994.

I want to give you some praise for being able to even recognize the details of the row and seating assignment pattern at all. I can image how much more obvious your Mom's message might have been had you and your sister been separated into seats #1 and #3 instead.

I know that many times coincidences are the best explanation. But I know that energy and matter can be manipulated - at least by the living. I don't have any reason to doubt that spirits might be able to do the same thing. From what I've heard other more spirit-expert persons say, it can require a lot of energy for a spirit to manifest even a small physical change. If true, then consider that your Mom might have had some help too with this effort either from a living person or from some passed family or passed friend. In which case, I think that someone else who cares for your Mom could have been contributing their love too in that shared act.

At the very minimum Smitty, the universe - where your love for your Mom still lives on - wanted you to see the connection.

Thank you for sharing your experience and your question with us.

Reactions: Debi
Thank you all for your warm welcome and kind words! You are all wonderful!
It definitely would have been amazing and more obvious (even to those who don’t believe in ghosts, communication with the deceased, so on and so on) if we’d been in seats 1 and 3! But my mom knows me better than anyone, and she knew if our seats weren’t together, I would keep trying until I got seats together. So— she improvised to make 13... again, something she has done my whole life. If something was happening, she knew she couldn’t make the problem go away, but was able to help others make and execute a plan- and it always worked. She could help anyone get themselves out of unpleasant, sticky, even life or death situations. She could make it, life, work, and it wasn’t always easy! BUT she always knew how to handle situations so that the outcome was in the best interest of the person who needs it most at the time. Often it was our own family- but I can’t begin to tell you all the selfless acts she did for others; a lot she never told me about- I didn’t hear stories of all the people she helped out- big or small”, until after she died. She never told me, my sister, her sister- she just did it.
She’s got a heart of gold.
There have been several times since then that I know my mom is there- but the seats at the reading was the first time I remember thinking that is mom saying hello and everything is good

Last edited:
It's wonderful to hear a story of hope and love, Smitty. So many times people have negative energies around them. You are blessed that mom's spirit surrounds you still.

She sounds like a wonderful soul! And it sounds as if she taught you much. I can feel a kindness and love that you'll live on for her legacy. :)

We're happy to have you with us here. We have a get to know you thread here if you would like to add on a bit of yourself.
Getting to know you....

If you need any assist here or have questions, just tag me or one of my staff!

Hi Smitty05:. I vote for some communication going on. It's great that you could recognize it from your Mom.

Welcome to the ParaNormal Forum and thanks for sharing your story.

Alright! Do I get a "Hello my name is..." sticky tag? Should I be watching for receipt of my PFN membership card in the mail soon?
LOL! Our "official" prizes and awards here are virtual chapsticks. This started with Paintman wanting a new car, but another member gave him a chapstick. Here ya go! You are now official!

th

LOL! Our "official" prizes and awards here are virtual chapsticks. This started with Paintman wanting a new car, but another member gave him a chapstick. Here ya go! You are now official!

th

Thanks for the gift.

Good thing Paintman didn't ask for a new home; someone probably would have given him a neti pot.

Reactions: Debi