Christo

Charleh

Please insert coffee
Reaction score
I've been in a few fishy situations with people. And I've met people who've been possessed. Part took in a couple exorcisms too. Scary sht.

But anyways, usually you say the name of God, Jesus, "christo", and you'll get a hostile response to someone who's possessed. Either that or windows start breaking.

But there are three occasions where I uttered "Christo" out of context, and the people I was talking to were either oblivious to me saying anything, or didn't understand the word I said even when I say it a second or third time.

Why is that word so powerful yet so subtle you could yell it from the top of the hill and nobody notices?

Reactions: Paintman
I would guess it is like you said, all in the context. Someone used to hearing it, or especially fearing it, would be much more attuned to picking it up.

Being a Christian I Believe in the power behind the name. Christos is Greek and means Christ, which is really a title. It means the anointed one in Hebrew. Romans 14:11. Every knee shall bow and every tongue will confess Jesus as god.

I don't usually quote scripture here. I respect others faiths. However you asked about the power in the word so this was necessary to show where it comes from.

I would guess it is like you said, all in the context. Someone used to hearing it, or especially fearing it, would be much more attuned to picking it up.
Out of context can simply mean as soon as i got their attention, I say it. I've just gotten blank stares. At least nobody flinched.

Reactions: Seahunter
Being a Christian I Believe in the power behind the name. Christos is Greek and means Christ, which is really a title. It means the anointed one in Hebrew. Romans 14:11. Every knee shall bow and every tongue will confess Jesus as god.

I don't usually quote scripture here. I respect others faiths. However you asked about the power in the word so this was necessary to show where it comes from.
Let it shine where it's needed Lynn. We all gotta talk about our differences at some point if we wanna build bridges :)

Reactions: Seahunter and Lynne
I find it funny and ironic it took 13 hours for someone to notice this post XD

Christos is Greek and means Christ, which is really a title. It means the anointed one in Hebrew. Romans 14:11.
Im aware. And you're the only Christian I've heard saying that Christ is a title, not a last name

Kinda on topic, I keep hearing this one on the radio over & over when the topic is exorcism. "I call on the protection of The Blood of The Lamb." That's pretty heavy duty. It protects those involved in the Exorcism, the person undergoing the ritual, and upsets the demon.