Can Time Run Backwards ?

Paintman

Go Go White Sox
Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
A New Quantum Theory Predicts That The Future Might Be Influencing The Past
One of the weirder aspects of quantum mechanics could be explained by an equally weird idea – that causation can run backwards in time as well as forwards.

What Einstein called “spooky” action at a distance could theoretically be evidence of retrocausality, which is the particle equivalent of you getting a stomach ache today thanks to tomorrow’s bad lunch.

A pair of physicists from the US and Canada took a closer look at some basic assumptions in quantum theory and decided unless we discovered time necessarily ran one way, measurements made to a particle could echo back in time as well as forward.

We all know quantum mechanics is weird. And part of that weirdness comes down to the fact that at a fundamental level, particles don’t act like solid billiard balls rolling down a table, but rather like a blurry cloud of possibilities shifting around the room.

This blurry cloud comes into sharp focus when we try to measure particles, meaning we can only ever see a white ball hitting a black one into the corner pocket, and never countless white balls hitting black balls into every pocket.
A New Quantum Theory Predicts That The Future Might Be Influencing The Past

Welp, yup, (and other exasperated noises.) Shootski, my ponderings are usually about what to put in my lunch box.

OK, question here. IF this is true, could this be a cause for Deja Vu AND the Mandela effect? A ripple backwards in time could affect some things and not others? (This may make my brain explode.)

Reactions: Lynne
Ok my head hurts now lol

Reactions: Debi
Well, who's to say that time ever flowed in one direction to begin with? People always imagine time as a liner series of events: past-present-future. But the universe doesn't exist to please simple Human perceptions. Within the wild and wacky world of Quantum Physics, especially in regards to things such as time and the multiverse, perhaps things work more like a branching river? With countless branches flowing off away from the main stream, merging, branching some more, forming "lakes" of stagnant time. And these "hiccups" in space-time are the result of temporal "eddies" in the stream?

Well, who's to say that time ever flowed in one direction to begin with? People always imagine time as a liner series of events: past-present-future. But the universe doesn't exist to please simple Human perceptions. Within the wild and wacky world of Quantum Physics, especially in regards to things such as time and the multiverse, perhaps things work more like a branching river? With countless branches flowing off away from the main stream, merging, branching some more, forming "lakes" of stagnant time. And these "hiccups" in space-time are the result of temporal "eddies" in the stream?
You just made my brain hurt again, BUT, good observations and I like the analogy. It wasn't migraine level and I followed that...for the most part!

Reactions: AustinHinton
So if I am understanding this conversation so far, my good deeds of today may change my misjudgements and wrong deeds of yesterday ? So water over the dam ain't necessarily so ?

So if I am understanding this conversation so far, my good deeds of today may change my misjudgements and wrong deeds of yesterday ? So water over the dam ain't necessarily so ?
OK...NOW I've gone migraine level...lol

You just made my brain hurt again, BUT, good observations and I like the analogy. It wasn't migraine level and I followed that...for the most part!

Thank you! LOL, sorry to make your head hurt, its just hard to explain abstract concepts like this as a whole. Quantum Mechanics is a weird and wild world!

Reactions: Paintman
Thank you! LOL, sorry to make your head hurt, its just hard to explain abstract concepts like this as a whole. Quantum Mechanics is a weird and wild world!
This I know. I've been studying it for a while now in relationship to paranormal events.

AustinHinto. post: 339480 said:
Good theories Austin , lets add that it may all be happening at once !