Can "Anonymous" help take down ISIS?

Strange bedfellows indeed. I have a feeling that US Intel. types and the Anonymous crowd will be a little leery of each other.
There are rumors floating around that there are Anons who are also active duty military. I have no way of confirming this, but stranger things have happened.

Does this mean Anonymous can also get a copy of Omusbros' college transcripts, Social Security Card, passport, and birth certificate?
How do you know they did not, but nobody believed them anyway? People do not change their minds when presented with evidence that contradicts beliefs. They double down on them.

OK, that's looking like a pretty good track record to me! The Doctor (our member here) says it will take a new way of doing things to bring ISIS down. I tend to believe him. With ISIS so proficient at using social websites and the internet, it may take hackers of a superior level to impact that communication network they have formed.
Anonymous inherently uses fourth generation warfare strategies and tactics. One cannot distinguish bystanders from combatants because functionally there is no difference. All one needs is to run the meme, claim the mask, and act as Anonymous. There is no top-down hierarchy issuing orders or calling the shots; there are cells which may or may not last, and which may or may not coordinate with each other. There are no bases to operate out of - anywhere one happens to be, one may operate (especially in the twenty-first century, with the advent of cheap personal computing and wireless access). Anonymous was the first to use media campaigns to propagate their memes and get people to actually act during the days of Project Chanology in late 2007. They are also adept at psychological warfare and media manipulation as part of Ops.

The IS is using many of the same strategies but most of their cells seem to be relatively inexperienced. That will change in 12 to 18 months.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoMama and Debi
Anonymous inherently uses fourth generation warfare strategies and tactics. One cannot bystanders from combatants, because functionally there is no difference. All one needs is to run the meme, claim the mask, and act as Anonymous. There is no top-down hierarchy issuing orders or calling the shots; there are cells which may or may not last, and which may or may not coordinate with each other. There are no bases to operate out of - anywhere one happens to be, one may operate (especially in the twenty-first century, with the advent of cheap personal computing and wireless access). Anonymous was the first to use media campaigns to propagate their memes and get people to actually act during the days of Project Chanology in late 2007. They are also adept at psychological warfare and media manipulation as part of Ops.

The IS is using many of the same strategies but most of their cells seem to be relatively inexperienced. That will change in 12 to 18 months.
Thank you. I just learned a lot out of that. As most know, the tech world is beyond me in many ways, so explaining how it is organized and works gave me a much clearer picture of the whole.

When they come for you will you be ready? Will you die with honor? Will you take a bullet for the future of freedom?

When they come for you will you be ready? Will you die with honor? Will you take a bullet for the future of freedom?
I'm right behind you! (Literally, right BEHIND you, my shield.)

Reactions: JoMama
Anonymous inherently uses fourth generation warfare strategies and tactics. One cannot distinguish bystanders from combatants because functionally there is no difference. All one needs is to run the meme, claim the mask, and act as Anonymous. There is no top-down hierarchy issuing orders or calling the shots; there are cells which may or may not last, and which may or may not coordinate with each other. There are no bases to operate out of - anywhere one happens to be, one may operate (especially in the twenty-first century, with the advent of cheap personal computing and wireless access). Anonymous was the first to use media campaigns to propagate their memes and get people to actually act during the days of Project Chanology in late 2007. They are also adept at psychological warfare and media manipulation as part of Ops.

So
No Anonymous Prime?