brief glimpses into the future

Eneme

Reaction score
So, this is going to be about the weird kind of psychic moments I have? Idk what to call them, I was wondering if anyone else had them and what it's like for them.

Baaaaaaasically, it's like I can tell the future. But not at command. I have absolutely zero control over it and sometimes don't even realize it's happened. It's very short and sweet (or pretty scary) and almost like a day dream. I get them confused often until what I "saw" happens moments/hours later.

It's maybe the same day 99% of the time now. When I was younger I'd see my classroom in an actual dream at night about a week or so before school started. It only happened for elementary school before grade 5 when they had us switching between a bunch of teachers in the day. I think it stopped because that was too much information to get. But I'd see all the kids in class and the posters on the walls. The name tags on the other kids desks, I'd see the teacher and everyone in there. I knew exactly where I sat every time. So I was allowed to skip the voluntary "orientation" before each year started because I didn't need to get a feel for anything, it already happened in my dream.

And my mom always understood and never forced anything because she's had similar experiences in her life. We've both experienced deja vu at a very high frequency. Almost a daily occurrence at worst, if not multiple times a day. We both get strong "feelings" about future events/ moments in time. In that collectively it'll feel as though something bad will happen. Or she'd know I was into something bad when I was out with friends as a teen and I'd suddenly feel like, oh shit she knows. When she'd be home in bed or at work, I wouldn't text about anything I was doing and she definitely wasn't hearing or seeing anything. She just had a feeling. And I could feel she had it. So I'd often get busted, 100% correctly, with zero evidence provided. And it always scared me to death lol

Our food cravings are also very connected. I'll be on the other side of the city and decide on something for dinner only ro find out the next day she got the same thing. This happens weekly. The point here is she understands well what I go through and her grandmother also was the same way. She'd call them in the morning or show up places when they were in trouble and NO ONE KNEW yet or contacted her. She just knew somehow. And this was obviously well before Internet and all that jazz.

So the women in my family have a bit of a history.

For me now... it's like I randomly think of or remember a memory. That's what it feels like. Only it hasn't happened yet. Then any time within the following 5 minutes to 12 hours whatever it was happens.

I'll think of a person suddenly, I'll randomly be reminded of them with no real trigger. Or I'll kind of see them in my head, like a memory but it hasn't happened yet. I am overcome with the feeling that a certain person will be somewhere we are going when no one has so much as uttered their name. Such as the time I KNEW an ex of mine would be at a bonfire that was decided that morning while I was at work. And as a surprise a couple of the guys there invited him without telling anyone.

I'll sometimes just have a very strong emotion that I'm acting on and it seems odd to everyone around me. But they'll eventually listen then in the news the next morning we hear that someone was shot/stabbed just moments after we left a location.

There have been occasions where I knew a customer (work at a restaurant ) would come in minutes before they'd stroll through the door. Everyone always finds it eerie. It's not a reservation restaurant, you walk in, get your food yourself, that kind. I'm just a cashier up front. So there's no warning for them and they are never regulars who show up at the same time every week. The last one this happened with I hadn't seen in almost a year. He went to the old restaurant I worked at. I suddenly remembered him and had a feeling he'd come in to this totally different restaurant on the other side of town. 2 minutes later he's coming around the corner and in the door.

I experience deja vu pretty frequently. But I haven't had this future sense in YEARS, maybe even a decade. Then within the last year or so it's started back up again. I'm not complaining, but it's definitely an adventure.

Am I alone here, and if not what's it like for you?

Reactions: Paintman
Thanks for sharing Eneme. Sounds like you have some precognitive gifts. I have not personally expierenced this but there maybe some here who can weigh in.

Hi, Eneme. Official welcome!

That is precognition, and I'm extremely familiar with it. I also call it a "knowing", but then I'm from the old school of mystics. It's happened to me since I was about 5 or 6, and I'm an old Bird now who still has it. It's not an on demand gift.

There are two schools on it. First one says it's a divine message, and I do believe some of them are just that. The other school of thought goes with simply being able to tap into the energy of the universe and getting info. This is often accidentally! We just happen to be wired a bit differently and can read the energy clearly. There's another thread around here that I go into some explanation of that. I will see if I can locate it and leave you a link.

As you described, the sudden "knowing" of something can often be somewhat confusing....you can wonder if it's a memory or a knowing. As you grow in your skills with these, you'll come to find subtle differences between the two. That's just an over time thing and somewhat different for each individual. Sometimes it comes in pretty handy as a skill. :) Around here I have a habit of saying or typing something exactly as someone else is typing the same thing on our chat thread. (I'm especially good at picking up thoughts from Lynne. lol)

Last edited:
Reactions: Eneme and Paintman
Hi Eneme, welcome. Thanks for writing all that down. (Go print it & keep that safe somewhere.;) My sometimes knowing some future event is sometimes difficult to determine from daily 'noise.' One way of discerning the truth is a technique I was taught as a youngish (23) guy. After a guided meditation I learned a physical bodily signal that what I'm experiencing is true.

Between my thumb and index finger - the little web there- will pulsate*. It goes off out of the blue & I examine my thoughts, surroundings....what's on the radio. And it has kept me out of trouble or put me in a good place to be.:)

*My signal can be seen. Hold your hand out, palm down. Poke the underside part w/ your other hands finger. See how the topside pops up?

Short example, I paint buildings, and 'my signal' will tell me, "No, you are not going on that steep, high roof today."

So, this is going to be about the weird kind of psychic moments I have? Idk what to call them, I was wondering if anyone else had them and what it's like for them.

Baaaaaaasically, it's like I can tell the future. But not at command. I have absolutely zero control over it and sometimes don't even realize it's happened. It's very short and sweet (or pretty scary) and almost like a day dream. I get them confused often until what I "saw" happens moments/hours later.

It's maybe the same day 99% of the time now. When I was younger I'd see my classroom in an actual dream at night about a week or so before school started. It only happened for elementary school before grade 5 when they had us switching between a bunch of teachers in the day. I think it stopped because that was too much information to get. But I'd see all the kids in class and the posters on the walls. The name tags on the other kids desks, I'd see the teacher and everyone in there. I knew exactly where I sat every time. So I was allowed to skip the voluntary "orientation" before each year started because I didn't need to get a feel for anything, it already happened in my dream.

And my mom always understood and never forced anything because she's had similar experiences in her life. We've both experienced deja vu at a very high frequency. Almost a daily occurrence at worst, if not multiple times a day. We both get strong "feelings" about future events/ moments in time. In that collectively it'll feel as though something bad will happen. Or she'd know I was into something bad when I was out with friends as a teen and I'd suddenly feel like, oh shit she knows. When she'd be home in bed or at work, I wouldn't text about anything I was doing and she definitely wasn't hearing or seeing anything. She just had a feeling. And I could feel she had it. So I'd often get busted, 100% correctly, with zero evidence provided. And it always scared me to death lol

Our food cravings are also very connected. I'll be on the other side of the city and decide on something for dinner only ro find out the next day she got the same thing. This happens weekly. The point here is she understands well what I go through and her grandmother also was the same way. She'd call them in the morning or show up places when they were in trouble and NO ONE KNEW yet or contacted her. She just knew somehow. And this was obviously well before Internet and all that jazz.

So the women in my family have a bit of a history.

For me now... it's like I randomly think of or remember a memory. That's what it feels like. Only it hasn't happened yet. Then any time within the following 5 minutes to 12 hours whatever it was happens.

I'll think of a person suddenly, I'll randomly be reminded of them with no real trigger. Or I'll kind of see them in my head, like a memory but it hasn't happened yet. I am overcome with the feeling that a certain person will be somewhere we are going when no one has so much as uttered their name. Such as the time I KNEW an ex of mine would be at a bonfire that was decided that morning while I was at work. And as a surprise a couple of the guys there invited him without telling anyone.

I'll sometimes just have a very strong emotion that I'm acting on and it seems odd to everyone around me. But they'll eventually listen then in the news the next morning we hear that someone was shot/stabbed just moments after we left a location.

There have been occasions where I knew a customer (work at a restaurant ) would come in minutes before they'd stroll through the door. Everyone always finds it eerie. It's not a reservation restaurant, you walk in, get your food yourself, that kind. I'm just a cashier up front. So there's no warning for them and they are never regulars who show up at the same time every week. The last one this happened with I hadn't seen in almost a year. He went to the old restaurant I worked at. I suddenly remembered him and had a feeling he'd come in to this totally different restaurant on the other side of town. 2 minutes later he's coming around the corner and in the door.

I experience deja vu pretty frequently. But I haven't had this future sense in YEARS, maybe even a decade. Then within the last year or so it's started back up again. I'm not complaining, but it's definitely an adventure.

Am I alone here, and if not what's it like for you?
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences, Eneme and WELCOME to the ParaNormalForum.

Reactions: Eneme
Hi, Eneme. Official welcome!

That is precognition, and I'm extremely familiar with it. I also call it a "knowing", but then I'm from the old school of mystics. It's happened to me since I was about 5 or 6, and I'm an old Bird now who still has it. It's not an on demand gift.

There are two schools on it. First one says it's a divine message, and I do believe some of them are just that. The other school of thought goes with simply being able to tap into the energy of the universe and getting info. This is often accidentally! We just happen to be wired a bit differently and can read the energy clearly. There's another thread around here that I go into some explanation of that. I will see if I can locate it and leave you a link.

As you described, the sudden "knowing" of something can often be somewhat confusing....you can wonder if it's a memory or a knowing. As you grow in your skills with these, you'll come to find subtle differences between the two. That's just an over time thing and somewhat different for each individual. Sometimes it comes in pretty handy as a skill. :) Around here I have a habit of saying or typing something exactly as someone else is typing the same thing on our chat thread. (I'm especially good at picking up thoughts from Lynne. lol)
I can attest to that lol

Cool early warning system you have there , Paintman. Question:. Is this your body / mind warning you or perhaps someone else ? Just rhetoric, cause who knows ?
The way I experience it is me. Happens once a month or so. But when it happens my head is on a swivel. I call my little voice 'My Signal.' One interesting fact is I can't will it.

The man that did the guided meditation was a mentor in Psych Skool. (He was the guy I tipped the table with.) He was interesting. A Psychologist, Reverend, and a flat out buttoned down hippy. But then, you sorta have to be to be a mind astronaut. :p

Dr. G died way to young. Early 60's. Smoker. He was my Dad's next door neighbor at his office. So I knew him when I was pretty young. But man-o-man he packed in a lot of life. I live on the lake he used to live on.:) Still looking for his house.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
I made a $10 tip at work yesterday because I saw a customer that was going to come in and had the meal ready for him. He was impressed. Lol

my father and I had the same kind of link. although he and I were totally different and had different agendas. One day he and my sisters watches both stopped at the same time after something I will not talk about happened. I believe it was God that linked us in that way and also God who set me on my own path without the interference from him I think that was the time I decided to disappear for six years.

I'll think of a person suddenly
When this happened to me they would show up at my house but I never knew when it was going to happen. My memory of people I have met was so embarrassing to me I remembered people from kindergarten when I would see them in my thirties, they looked the same to me. They would say " I vaguely remember the teacher Mrs. Nectorline but how do you remember me?"

All that is gone now. I think we all have certain abilities that are unique but we also can lose them depending on the paths we take