Beyond the Darkness

Couldn't agree with you more. The quality of topic and guests is waaay down since the switch from live.
I like the fact Schrader tries to get new guest. I cut him a break, they all can't be winners. It's really hard to book 5 good guest a week. But there are still to many bad guest. Also not having the ability to take calls hurts the show. It's not an option to dump a guest either as it's pre-recorded. I hate to say it by they should move away from podcast one. It just isn't the right format for the show. They'd do better on KGRA or DMRN.

I like the fact Schrader tries to get new guest. I cut him a break, they all can't be winners. It's really hard to book 5 good guest a week. But there are still to many bad guest. Also not having the ability to take calls hurts the show. It's not an option to dump a guest either as it's pre-recorded. I hate to say it by they should move away from podcast one. It just isn't the right format for the show. They'd do better on KGRA or DMRN.
Those two venues don't give them the same sponsor support from what I understand. The money isn't there to support the show. And the only live show DMDN now runs is MITD...all the rest are podcast. There is a HUGE difference between a podcast and live show, and this switch has hurt their normal dynamics.

Those two venues don't give them the same sponsor support from what I understand. The money isn't there to support the show. And the only live show DMDN now runs is MITD...all the rest are podcast. There is a HUGE difference between a podcast and live show, and this switch has hurt their normal dynamics.
True but I bet Keith would be willing to run a second show if it was Schrader, he has a built in audience and would bring subscribers. When Hoagland had his show over there, it was live. I think Schrader could support a podcast in a similar vein to MITD.

The current model on Podcast 1 just isn't working. That is not to say it can't work but something needs to change.

Reactions: Paintman
Schrader is now offering True Crime for Patreon subscribers $5 a month. I am fine with subscription model, but as far as pricing goes, its high for 8 hours of programming. MNITD is $5 a month for roughly 25 shows a month. Wells is $10 for 16 shows a month. I think Schrader would be better served pulling Beyond the Darkness for Podcast 1 and looking for a better avenue. I will probably subscribe to help him out, but I am not sure I buy into BTD long term viability on Podcast one.

Beyond the Darkness is creating True Crime Tuesday | Patreon

Reactions: Paintman
Artbellfan, I've been thinking that what if Dave broadcast a live show from a small station in Minneapolis - St. Paul area. That would create the cool dynamic of live callers, and then re-broadcast it on a podcast. I bet there are small am/fm that can broadcast to his home base, where he already probably has a great following. Plus even small stations have listen live websites. That can expand the caller base even more.
Example. I live 40 miles from a small fm oldies station. I can't get it on my radio. I go to their website when a favorite dj is scheduled. I can call in a request -live. Or a small am that is just local news?
Just a thought. Lordy I can guess there are legalities, but isn't that what lawyers and contracts are for ?
If this idea works, I have a list of rewards.:p

Artbellfan, I've been thinking that what if Dave broadcast a live show from a small station in Minneapolis - St. Paul area. That would create the cool dynamic of live callers, and then re-broadcast it on a podcast. I bet there are small am/fm that can broadcast to his home base, where he already probably has a great following. Plus even small stations have listen live websites. That can expand the caller base even more.
Example. I live 40 miles from a small fm oldies station. I can't get it on my radio. I go to their website when a favorite dj is scheduled. I can call in a request -live. Or a small am that is just local news?
Just a thought. Lordy I can guess there are legalities, but isn't that what lawyers and contracts are for ?
If this idea works, I have a list of rewards.:p
Nice idea, but it's my understanding that if you sign with Podcast One, they then own a portion of your show. Got that from another podcaster who checked out the platform.

Nice idea, but it's my understanding that if you sign with Podcast One, they then own a portion of your show. Got that from another podcaster who checked out the platform.

I think he was saying is Dave shouldn't stay on podcast 1. But I wonder if there is a contract or non-compete or something?

It sucks the station Schrader was on, kicked him off to go all politics.