Bereavement Apparitions

I'm also going to add that many people hope for a visitation from a loved one as soon as possible after a loss. My feeling on this is that many who have crossed are at peace with the love they felt on this side and don't feel an immediate need to "touch base", so to speak. It's not for lack of love from the family, it's because of the love they felt while alive that they may not need to make that appearance right away.

I've had experiences that could fall under this category.

On the day my mother passed away, maybe 30 minutes afterwards, the lights in my house were going crazy, flickering on and off all across the house. I said out loud "Mom?" and all the flickering stopped except for the light right above me. I said "Goodbye Mom" and the lights flickered twice then everything was back to normal.

My wife and I were not able to spend our first Christmas as a married couple together because her father was in the hospital, first for heart surgery and then complications following surgery. My wife and her mother stayed in the hospital at her father's side until he passed a few days after Christmas. One year later my wife and I did celebrate Christmas together and even put up a little tree. Several times we noticed that the lights on the tree were blinking, but they weren't supposed to be blinking lights. The blinking would occur on and off at random times then be fine until a few days later then start blinking again. As someone with an understanding of electrical circuits I was confused. I even called the landlord and the two of checked the wiring but everything was fine. After a few weeks I had a dream about my father in law being in our house. In my dream I knew he shouldn't be there as he had passed away, and in my dream he kinda acknowledged that as well. When I woke up the blinking lights made sense. The blinking happened on Christmas Day, the anniversary of the day he passed and on my wife's birthday, all days he would have wanted to be there for her.

Some years later after our daughter was born my wife made a comment about how she wished her Dad was still around so he could meet his granddaughter. After this my wife went to work while I stayed home to take care of our little girl. At one point that morning our daughter became fascinated by something in the corner of the room. She was staring, smiling and giggling. I wasn’t sure what had her attention so I walked over to the corner to see if I could find whatever she was looking at. The corner of the room had a very strong odor of cigarettes and cologne, exactly like my late father in law had smelled. I called out his name and suddenly the odor vanished. At the same time my daughter stopped laughing and started looking around confused before going back to playing.

I wasn't present for this one but several family members swear this is true. After my grandmother passed my Dad and his two brothers were getting her affairs in order but could not locate her will. They searched her room, her office, the weird corner of her kitchen where she kept junk mail and recipes; but no sign of the will. The family gathered in the den to discuss what more needed to be done but still frustrated by the missing will. Out of frustration my uncle said out loud "C'mon Mom! Where'd you put the will?" At almost that exact moment the cabinet door on a nearby bookshelf popped open, all the way open. Which was odd as the cabinet door was held shut by a magnet. My uncle went to close the door then noticed the will was right there in the cabinet was the will.

This article reminds me of a story I heard about a town in Japan having restless spirits. Back in 2011 there was an earthquake and tsunami, many lives were lost. In the years that followed there have been many reports of people who were lost that day showing up and saying they are trying to get back home. One such tale was a taxi driver who picked up a guy saying he wanted to go home, but when they got to the address the passenger had vanished. Other stories of people hearing knocks at the door and voices saying they are home only for nobody to be there when the homeowners get to the door.

I'm also going to add that many people hope for a visitation from a loved one as soon as possible after a loss. My feeling on this is that many who have crossed are at peace with the love they felt on this side and don't feel an immediate need to "touch base", so to speak. It's not for lack of love from the family, it's because of the love they felt while alive that they may not need to make that appearance right away.
I have a belief now that the after life is unique to each person. We believe we 'visit' these places while we sleep. They are never the same, but are fitting to the person 'living' it. You make it how you want once the initial transition is complete. People not ready to move on are trapped in purgatory (ghosts) while those that move on continue in a dreamlike reality/realm of their making/choosing/design. So many reports of NDE claim they feel 'outside of physical form'. Dreams are identical to this. Not going to say i know this as fact or truth or whatever, but seems close to what i have experienced during possible visitations.

Reactions: ozentity and Duke
I have a belief now that the after life is unique to each person. We believe we 'visit' these places while we sleep. They are never the same, but are fitting to the person 'living' it. You make it how you want once the initial transition is complete. People not ready to move on are trapped in purgatory (ghosts) while those that move on continue in a dreamlike reality/realm of their making/choosing/design. So many reports of NDE claim they feel 'outside of physical form'. Dreams are identical to this. Not going to say i know this as fact or truth or whatever, but seems close to what i have experienced during possible visitations.
If you put the context of 'bad guys' and 'good guys' into these theoretical realms, do they make them as they see fit? Do we as 'former mortal souls' somehow cross into those realms? Are we always challenged to choose that right path (or wrong) even after moving on? I'd like to think once that decision is made, we are free of invasion. The thing that strikes me is that the battle never ends. Perhaps the after life is yet another stepping stone to another beyond. Who knows. So much is unknown of these subjects. A constant battle of wits against 'things' trying to invade our peace or realm sounds tiring. Hopefully that is not the case. If those things exist, which i believe they do, will never stop trying to access something they cannot without that one instant. Over dramatic? Yeah, maybe. But encountering those things gives you a look into their determination. Let's hope once we move on, they can't bother us. If they can...well, just like while living...kick 'em to the curb lol.

The thing that gives me hope is the reports from "Near Death Experiencers"; they say the afterlife is more real than this one. They report colors they can't describe and that everything is alive and sentient. This doesn't sound like a dream to me, and I am so hoping and believing that it isn't just a world we live in alone that we construct.

I've experienced this a number of times.

One particularly amusing example happened about 2003. I was working on a movie, shooting outdoors in daylight in a remote location. I had an uncle that I was close to when growing up and I knew he was in poor health at the time. He was up in the SF Bay Area, about 300 miles away. It was a clear, sunny day and I was sitting outside on a break in an elevated place where I could see out across a large stretch of undeveloped land in front of me when something caused me to look up and focus on an electrical power pole with a big transformer on it in the distance. I didn't know why I was looking at it but then, at that exact moment, the transformer on the pole exploded with a bright flash and bang and cloud of smoke!

I knew at that moment that my uncle had passed. You see, he had worked as a lineman and lineman supervisor his whole life for the local power company. I just knew he was saying goodbye to me. Later, I called my mother to see how he was doing and she told me that he had just passed away.

Instead of feeling sad, I smiled because I knew he was telling me he was fine and happy and just waving goodbye.

Its been awhile since my parents passed away. I miss them every day. I moved to a new apartment, and its been great. I feel good, very positive place. My landlord came by to fix something a couple of times, and he just stood at the door, looked around, and didn't say anything. said he had to go. A friend came by, sat in a chair and clutched his bag and just looked around. I asked if everything was ok, and he yes but he had to leave. Then recently, my nephew came over to see my place, stood at the door and turned pale. I asked if everything was ok, he said yes I said what's wrong? no answer. Reluctanly he walked into the dining area, and started crying. He said something hit him the second he walked through the door, and that grandma and grandpa are here. Said it him him really hard. I feel happy here, nothing overwhelming., sad or negative. I like to think my folks are still with me. I suspect things hit people differently depending where they are in life.

• Love it
Reactions: ozentity
I had a vivid dream visit from grandma when I was at a low point, I awoke happy as Larry. My brother came to me when he passed and spoke in my ear me that he was ok and it was just pure love now. I didn't find out until later he had died. I did feel the love when he spoke to me.

• Love it
Reactions: MsJ