Atlantis rising?

Storms are great for revealing long-lost relics in the sea, and at the seashore. Lots of people with metal detectors will be hitting the beaches after Irma looking for coins and other artifacts.

I've noticed a lot of the ocean disappearing with hurricane Irma. It's possible we may find Atlantis, and many other missing locations. Hmmm...
Aqua, we actually have two achaeologists here as members. Seahunter and T-Bob. I'm betting they'll be keeping an eye out for anything new out there and let us know what they hear!

Aqua, we actually have two achaeologists here as members. Seahunter and T-Bob. I'm betting they'll be keeping an eye out for anything new out there and let us know what they hear!
Debi, that's fantastic! I'll keep an eye out for their input. I look forward to learning much, as I see so much in depth coverage and input on many topics of interest to me. Thank you. =)

Reactions: Debi
Here's an example of what can be found after a storm...........These 12-pound British guns were uncovered at Carr's Bay, Montserrat by a tropical storm. We restored them and rebuilt the gun battery.

Carrs Bay Gun Battery_LR.jpg

Reactions: Lynne
I wrote a grant proposal to the US Agency for International Development (USAID) and funded the restoration of the gun battery. The two guns in carriages are the ones we found and restored, as well as the rock and lime mortar wall and floor........The two other guns were found later. Not my picture. I'm not sure when it was taken. ..........I imported green heart wood from Surinam for the gun carriages, since that is what they actually would have been made from........... However, no one cared enough to upkeep the guns after I left Montserrat. They looked great when I last saw them in 1985. Remember, this is a third world country and day-to-day life and survival are more important. Islanders want tourism, but don't understand what it takes to get it. Truthfully, they are probably better off without it............. I believe the guns have been moved, and the the area is now a dock for cruise ships.

Carrs'bay.jpg

Last edited: