Are you ready?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
The Wheel of the Year is turning fast! I'm already seeing some signs of Fall...those little hints of color, those fall flowers, the garden starting to die off.....where the heck did Summer go??? Facebook has started to show me Halloween memes and the pumpkin spice memes are popping up in all their glory.

SO! Are you ready for Fall? Are you looking forward to a new season?

upload_2017-8-7_12-7-10.jpeg

Reactions: Paintman
You betcha I'm ready.:) As I get older, I'm getting less & less able to handle days that get 90+ degrees. Since 'outside' is my workplace it's a hostile work environment and my sweat glands are being triggered.:p
Chicagoland has yet to get the stretch of 100 degree days in August, and this year I vowed to not work in them. Customers are aware, and besides, most of the guys I hire are older, and don't do so well either. But enough about why this summer irks me.
Fall ='s :baseball: playoffs,:rugby: starts, new foods in season, hot goopy foods get back on the menu, favorite sweaters and jackets, new TV season starts. the leaves turn, but so does the color of the sky ....
But before all that, I'm eating corn on the cob everyday:)

Reactions: Debi
You betcha I'm ready.:) As I get older, I'm getting less & less able to handle days that get 90+ degrees. Since 'outside' is my workplace it's a hostile work environment and my sweat glands are being triggered.:p
Chicagoland has yet to get the stretch of 100 degree days in August, and this year I vowed to not work in them. Customers are aware, and besides, most of the guys I hire are older, and don't do so well either. But enough about why this summer irks me.
Fall ='s :baseball: playoffs,:rugby: starts, new foods in season, hot goopy foods get back on the menu, favorite sweaters and jackets, new TV season starts. the leaves turn, but so does the color of the sky ....
But before all that, I'm eating corn on the cob everyday:)
Perfect description of why I'm a Fall fan! I may be one of those rare people who hated living in Florida. Lived there 10 years and OMG...too hot for me!

Just reading your description of what's coming at us makes me all happy! :D

Can't say, we're heading for Spring next month this side lol
Ahh yes! The other side of the world speaks! The question remains, do you prefer the heat or the coolness of Fall, Vibe?

I ready for some cooler weather, but like Lynne, not cold. October weather would be nice. Cool mornings and evenings with warm afternoons is my favorite climate. I can even handle cool crisp mornings when you can see your breath.

I ready for some cooler weather, but like Lynne, not cold. October weather would be nice. Cool mornings and evenings with warm afternoons is my favorite climate. I can even handle cool crisp mornings when you can see your breath.
Yep fall is perfect weather. I think what I hate about winter the most is the short daylight hours. Now that I'm retired it's better because I do see daylight now. When I was working I missed most or all of the light hours. That gets depressing.