Any Idea as to how "Dark Matter" is doing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on a few comments he's made about Sirius, I think Art is in good standing with Sirius. They seemed to have pulled out all the stops on setting up his show and giving him a lot of freedom. When that first show was broadcast and it had the vulgar commercial spots, enough people complained that they actually changed the advertising for Art's show. I wrote to Sirius regarding the ads and they even replied to my email. He mentioned that Sirius actually changed their satellite to boost Art's signal - I think Sirius likes Art. Since it's only been a week on the air, they may have numbers already, but will surely give it time for Art's audience to grow. It will be interesting to know how he is doing, and hopefully there will be numbers available soon and DM can find out through Art when they chat.

Reactions: Alan from Charlotte
Based on a few comments he's made about Sirius, I think Art is in good standing with Sirius. They seemed to have pulled out all the stops on setting up his show and giving him a lot of freedom. When that first show was broadcast and it had the vulgar commercial spots, enough people complained that they actually changed the advertising for Art's show. I wrote to Sirius regarding the ads and they even replied to my email. He mentioned that Sirius actually changed their satellite to boost Art's signal - I think Sirius likes Art. Since it's only been a week on the air, they may have numbers already, but will surely give it time for Art's audience to grow. It will be interesting to know how he is doing, and hopefully there will be numbers available soon and DM can find out through Art when they chat.

I am SO relieved they got rid of those vulgar commercials. I was absolutely appalled by the ads, I get that it's not PBS, and I'm no choir girl here, but it was just disgusting. I didn't know I could complain, what a complacent listener I was! I'm so happy other people did! Thank you for saying something. I just couldn't help but think about how young I was when I started listening to Art Bell, and how he's still not allowing for vulgar language, so for that kind of ad to go on his show was such a shock!

Reactions: Naked Apple
I am SO relieved they got rid of those vulgar commercials. I was absolutely appalled by the ads, I get that it's not PBS, and I'm no choir girl here, but it was just disgusting. I didn't know I could complain, what a complacent listener I was! I'm so happy other people did! Thank you for saying something. I just couldn't help but think about how young I was when I started listening to Art Bell, and how he's still not allowing for vulgar language, so for that kind of ad to go on his show was such a shock!
Yes, Art has young listeners, as well as older listeners. Can you imagine listening to the show with your family and hearing those disgusting Jay Thomas ads? I don't know who told Thomas he was funny, but they did no one a favor with that! I posted my letter and the reply here, I think it is under Sirius - I'll look for the link.

http://darkmatterxm.com/threads/received-nice-email-response-from-sirius.84/live?page=1#post-776

Status
Not open for further replies.