Andrea and Susan, My Little Spirit Friends

Discussion in 'Your Paranormal Experiences' started by Soulphisticate, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Benway

Benway
    Expand Collapse

Welcome aboard Mika! I'm fairly new here myself. Thanks for posting all of this. I think the warnings are pretty much covered. I'm glad you did scold them in this case. They are either actually children or being children and you are in the position of a parent or guardian here, so I'm glad you did and that it worked!

I have no idea what the truth is behind them, but just to throw out another idea. The objects disappearing and appearing and messages seem like poltergeist activity and one explanation for that is that the person at the centre of the activity is subconsciously causing it through an unrcognised ability. Following that line of thought then Andrea and Susan would be aspects of your own subconscious mind, much like a childhood toy or imaginary friend and this is you talking to you (no shame in that) with odd physical effects happening. You mentioned that Matt could be mean sometimes and while you wouldn't hide a credit card to freak him out, perhaps you might subconsciously want it to happen so... And then when you realise that it's to do with you you think of Andrea and Susan and so (because they are good kids) it returns?

That wouldn't make Andrea and Susan not real as the mind is a strange and wonderful place, but it's another explanation. It sounds like you enjoy having them around. :)

#31 Benway, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    7Christie and WitchAndShaman like this.
  2. Soulphisticate

Soulphisticate
    Expand Collapse

I would consider the possibility of this being some aspect of my unconsciousness, if it weren't for two things...

A) Matt isn't a jerk. Sometimes he has anger management issues and takes out his frustrations on others, but I'm a big hippie and very little bothers me. Another server, Katrina, was there when Matt told me to stop telling him about the dimes I was finding and she was more offended, on my behalf, than I was. Honestly, I love working with Matt... so long as he isn't in one of his moods. Then I just avoid him. But really, he's a cool, intelligent guy...

2) Andrea and Susan have messed with Matt when I wasn't present or even knew he was working. I came in one evening (I almost never work day shifts) and the first thing he said to me, unprompted, was... and this is a paraphrase, but a fairly accurate one... 'I don't understand how this is happening. I keep dropping change... there's a hole in my apron, but it's in the middle pocket. I don't keep change there. I'll just be standing there and coins will fall out of my apron without me doing anything. It's been happening all day.'

Of course, my first thought was to wonder if the coins were dimes, but I didn't say anything. It turned out to be a busy night, Matt was in the bar half of our establishment and I was in the dining room, on top of which he was training a new server, so our paths rarely crossed. I had forgotten all about this when I heard a sound... the sound of a dime hitting the floor...

A year ago, I wouldn't have known the difference between a dime falling, or a nickel or quarter or penny. But different metals have different densities, different coins have different weights... so they all make a different sound when falling onto a tile floor. I have long since learned the sound of a dime hitting tile.

I looked over and there was Matt, with his trainee, hands spread and utterly confused. 'I don't understand how this is even possible!' That last quote is pretty much verbatim.

The way I imagine it, Andrea and Susan were throwing dimes at him... 'Believe in me now? How 'bout now? Go on, pretend I'm not real... explain this dime...'

Andrea and Susan have interacted with no less than 7 people besides me, and usually when I was not there. There was the day when Courtney kept finding dimes in the ladies room... all in the same stall. Or the time when Taylor found a dime underneath the telephone the cashiers use. Katrina is convinced that my little spirit friends have reached out to her on more than one occasion... all of these instances happened when I was not present. And, aside from taunting Matt, they always seem to reach out to females... and to the ones who love children...

Not discrediting any of yr thoughts, Ben... just adding information 8 )

#32 Soulphisticate, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2017 at 6:13 PM
    7Christie likes this.
  3. Benway

Benway
    Expand Collapse

Oh, feel free to discredit it if it's wrong and it seems to be just that! I'm glad that you get on fine with Matt and also the way that things have happened does seem to rule out you as the cause. I now know more than I did. It's all very interesting and I hope you write more about it.

I'm puzzled by the dimes. Where do they come from? Are they completely normal? Are dimes being created or taken from elsewhere? And it's an oddly specific talent for anyone or anything living or dead to have and use. Do you have any thoughts about that?

4. Soulphisticate

Soulphisticate
    Expand Collapse

One of my co-workers, Katrina, believes she has interacted with my spirit friends in some small manner. They’ve given her, I believe, 3 dimes in entirely unlikely ways. Unlikely enough that she actually did some research. Personally, I had been content with my mother telling me that it means a spirit of someone who loves you wants you to know they’re watching over you. But if you do a Google search… apparently, it’s a ‘thing.’

According to ask-angels.com, dimes are used for communication because they are common and no one really misses them when they’re gone. Think about a cashier working at a restaurant, or gas station, or grocery store. Is the manager really gonna care if their drawer is 10 cents short? Or that jar you have at home where you keep all yr loose change… if a dime disappeared from there and ended up on yr washing machine, would you notice it missing from the jar?

Also, dimes in particular are shiny and attract attention. Other common objects… like a pebble or leaf… would likely go unnoticed. There are spiritual meanings to the number 10. In some faiths, it refers to something coming ‘full circle,’ or tells you that yr on the ‘right path.’ In others, it’s related to ‘optimism.’

That’s just my layman’s knowledge of the matter. I’m a hippie, but an old school one, and really don’t know much about this new age stuffs. But the Huffington Post did a story on the phenomena…

The Mystery of Dimes Appearing From Nowhere and Other Strange Phenomenon | HuffPost

A simple Google search of ‘spirit dimes’ or ‘ghost dimes’ will give you countless accounts, message boards, forums, news articles… you can even Youtube it. For example…

7Christie and Debi like this.
  5. Seahunter

Seahunter
    Expand Collapse
    AKA "Roy"
    Staff

Good evening, Mika. :) I guess we should have known you're a writer, as well as your posts are written. May I ask what type of writing you do?

6. Soulphisticate

Soulphisticate
    Expand Collapse

Um... well, I write many things. Literary criticism, political commentary, fan fiction to make Game of Thrones not suck so much... you name it. I write every day on one matter or another. It's just what I do. But if you mean what I've published?

I've written a five book series of novels for kids and young adults about a 12 year old girl navigating the zombies apocalypse. It starts off in the 9-12 range for books 1-3 and ends in the 12-15 range for books 4-5. I'm also working on a trilogy, for adults, and a couple picture books for the little ones. My goal is to provide positive female role models, for girls and boys alike. Plus, the zombie stuffs.

That being said, I'm not entirely comfortable using this forum as a platform to promote my books. That isn't why I'm here. If that sounds pissy, I do apologise. I'm not famous and, honestly, have no desire to be so. But if you want more specifics on my novels, feel free to message me. I have no issues with private conversations. I just feel posts here should not be about my books. They're about Andrea and Susan. And, speaking of Susan...

#36 Soulphisticate, Dec 8, 2017 at 2:13 AM
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2017 at 2:41 AM
    Debi likes this.
  7. Soulphisticate

Soulphisticate
    Expand Collapse

I’ve already told the story of how Andrea introduced herself, but I really should tell the story of how Susan did so… if only not to play favorites 8 )

I lead a simple life. I go to work, do my thing, go home… check my email, watch random Youtube videos or do online surveys… basically, it’s my way to relax before I start writing. My latest thing is those ‘log on with Facebook’ surveys that tell you who are in yr Mafia family, or yr zombie apocalypse survival team.

If you’ve been reading this thread, you know about the night my little spirit friends stole the caddies from one of Matt’s tables. Well, that same night, when I got home, I changed into my PJs, poured a bit of scotch, and checked on my Facebook. The first interesting link was something about ‘who is in yr boy band?’

Now, generally speaking, when I do these polls, I get mostly members of my family and a couple other of my friends from work. Maybe some who have moved to the west coast. This time was no different, except… in addition to the others, there was Susan.

Let me be clear. I don’t know anyone named Susan. I don’t recall ever knowing someone named Susan. But there she was… and her icon didn’t show a picture of a person. It was a house on a lake, near some woods, in Autumn.

And this was in October. Autumn.

Confused, I did another survey and logged on with Facebook. In fact, I did five more… and every time, my ‘Avenger’s Team’ or ‘Lost on a Desert Island’ group was mostly my family, a few other friends… and Susan.

I’ve done many other such surveys, before and since, and none of them have included Susan. It was just the one night. The night she introduced herself. The night she claimed credit for the caddie thing.

Incidentally, this is my little spirit friend Susan…

Susan.jpg

#37 Soulphisticate, Dec 8, 2017 at 2:22 AM
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2017 at 6:20 PM
    7Christie, Debi and WitchAndShaman like this.
  8. Benway

Benway
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the information!

WitchAndShaman likes this.
  9. Lynne

Lynne
    Expand Collapse
    midnight rider

Look closely in and above the trees. I see a clear face. It’s not a girl. Could be paradolia but still ...

WitchAndShaman likes this.
  10. Soulphisticate

Soulphisticate
    Expand Collapse

Now yr really freaking me out. I see it too and and did some research. It's not pareidolia. And, for the record, I'm not correcting yr spelling... well, I am, but in a non-judgmental way, 'cos the only reason I know the correct spelling is that I had to look the word up to find out what it meant. To be true, my first thought was that it was a kind of spirit I had not heard of... 8 D

Anyways, I did a Google image search and found the original image. It has no face. Well, except for the one on the deer.

I already knew that my sister has a Facebook friend named Susan with this as image as her profile picture... I just figured that was how Susan reached out to me. But I checked and there is no face on the profile picture either.

I had always allowed for the possibility that the creepy children playing in the forest might have been something malevolent. Perhaps the dimes and all that were just friendly spirits letting me know that they were watching my back. The original idea that it was more than one came from the laughter in the forest... maybe it's really just one. Maybe it's just Andrea leaving me dimes and 'Susan' is... something else? Malevolent or not.

This is going to take some serious thought. I'm a firm believer in rationality and Occam's razor. The simplest solution is almost always the correct one. The laughter in the woods happened once, at my parent's house. All the dimes, I found at work. Therefore, it makes the most sense that the two are unrelated, or related in the 'protection' sense I mention above.

Still, the big things, objects being pilfered and all... those happen maybe once a month, at most. Maybe twice in one month, then another month skipped. So what are the chances that the condiment caddie would disappear at work and then, on the same night, 'Susan' would hack my computer and introduce herself? It's the only time two significant events have occurred on the same evening. They should be related.

Or maybe I have two friends, and 'Susan' was jealous. One spirit... and, Goddess, I can't believe I'm saying this... One spirit might be tied to where I work, and the other to the woods near my parent's house. Where I will not go. Maybe the latter is jealous?

If anyone has any thoughts on the matter, please... express them 8 )

7Christie likes this.