AI Crazy!

Ben, I can go for that. The Purdue student is an agriculture major in a primarily engineering school. Maybe I'll get the daily soybean futures #'s instead of sports scores. Heck, as a Chicago White Sox fan - that's gotta be infinitely less soul crushing.
FB_IMG_1712539377058.jpg
Hope ya doin' good Ben. Tell Mick I said Hi !

Well, it's been a few days, but odd days in which I've been sleeping and waking in odd bursts and so sticking to passive things rather than writing, so haven't responded as promised. But. I just watched a video made by a young artist upset at being sidelined and was inflamed enough to break the fog and write a response, and since it covers much of what I planned to say here, here it is:

'A.I. art isn't better than you. You've worked hard to improve the technical quality of your art and and so it's natural that you look at it and see that quality in it and nothing else, but A.I. art lacks what you had all along. A.I. 'art' merely steals the works of thousands of artists and generates a lowest common denominator melding of the art it has found which matches some words, yet without even a shred of understanding. Even in the few examples you showed were ubiquitous cliches in A.I. 'art' which increasingly recycles the same bits and pieces over and over in an anti-artistic program for perfection in which each image produced is increasingly refined into the most generic image possible for each combination of words within the randomisation part of its programming. That randomisation makes little difference as much of A.I.'s reference material is from identical looking stock images and poor derivative human art.
It's composition is terrible, as its programming doesn't take that into account. It is littered with errors which no human being would ever make, such as extra limbs or fingers or feet below the floor, or perspective errors from combining pictures which had different POV angles. Many more. This worthless trash uses vast computing power and energy as we face a global meltdown caused in part by using too much energy to produce worthless junk.
The amount of power and hardware needed to duplicate the artistic sensibility of an observant ten year old is far beyond us.
So don't worry. It's the latest tech fad. Like virtual reality and crypto, every IT ignorant business exec has dived in cluelessly expecting a big payoff and they have all invested in a lemon. Again. Most people can see that it sucks. There's no market outside the one generated by investors. It will soon be time to crack open a cool drink, relax and enjoy sketching cartoons of its inevitable collapse as the idiots' money burns.'
AI art is a “zombie” a body with no soul. It is just flat. I dont think we can even call it art because there is no inspiration behind it. True art has the intention, inspiration and message of the artist.