Age of the Sphinx...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
Morning everybody!

Mainstream archaeologist and Egyptologist date the Great Sphinx of Giza circa 2500 BC... However, in the last couple of decades there have been some renegades out there (John Anthony West, Dr. Robert Schoch, Graham Hancock , etc...) that have challenged this theory with pretty convincing evidence that the Sphinx is actually thousands of years older than what we are being told. I tend to lean toward the water erosion theory and believe that the Sphinx is much older. What say you????

http://www.davidpbillington.net/sphinx3.html

I think that we humans have been on the planet and destroyed ourselves, then started from scratch on more than one occasion, and I feel that the sphinx may be much older than traditional archaeologists may be telling us. David Wilcock also discusses this. in his series. I know not everyone likes David, but he does have some good things to say.

http://divinecosmos.com/contact-us/privacy-policy/117-chapter-04-the-egyptian-pyramids

Reactions: Leo
I'm of the same school of thought. We've been around the block a few times, and I think many of the old books and records prove this. If you look closely at the Veda's and even the Bible, especially some of the obscure books no longer included, you see a pattern that shows previous civilizations that have done the rise and fall. When reading these things, one must read them with an open mind to previous civilizations and they suddenly make MUCH more sense!

From what I have read, it seems it could be older than originally thought. The erosion theory is compelling, as well as the repairs and modifications over time.

Reactions: surge and Debi
Another reason the Sphinx appears to be of another age to me is the fact that it's a representation of a Chimera. In many of the old, old records, it's said that "God" was not so amused at the way the humans began mixing and matching humans and animals to create these "abominations". There is also something about two floods destroying all. So we have Noah's flood and one before that. Could some of the erosion be from the first flood as well?

Reactions: surge and Seahunter
I had heard that it was supposed to be a lion originally and that it pointed to the constellation Leo. The head was later carved over the lion's head which is why it is so much smaller.

Reactions: Debi
I had heard that it was supposed to be a lion originally and that it pointed to the constellation Leo. The head was later carved over the lion's head which is why it is so much smaller.
Interesting. Not much into the Egyptian history, so thanks for the "heads up!" :p

Reactions: Seahunter
Right, the head has been altered. Another theory is that the Sphinx was originally Anubis, the Jackal/dog, as it is sitting exactly like the classic image of Anubis. I'm rather liking this theory, as Anubis looks much like a Whippet lying down.

images

Reactions: Debi
Status
Not open for further replies.