A different approach to death

I don’t think I will associate with the shed skin after death. That’s how I think about it. So it really doesn’t matter what happens to the shell left behind. It’s hard to disassociate with the body while we’re still in it. I get creeped out when I think of the two options, burial or fire, I have to remind myself that I won’t be there. So I think it’s a bit silly to get into the decorations on the box. No amount of coloring or painting will ease that fear, only a faith in life after death.

I don’t think I will associate with the shed skin after death. That’s how I think about it. So it really doesn’t matter what happens to the shell left behind. It’s hard to disassociate with the body while we’re still in it. I get creeped out when I think of the two options, burial or fire, I have to remind myself that I won’t be there. So I think it’s a bit silly to get into the decorations on the box. No amount of coloring or painting will ease that fear, only a faith in life after death.

My sentiments exactly. However, since I’m not a reptile, I’ve never previously thought about the “shed skin” description you used.

Let me take this opportunity and post to politic. If you are not a volunteer organ donor, please give it some sincere consideration. Some of the gently used parts you leave behind can make a difference to others still living in need.