A ban on Black Magic

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Occult-Accoutrements.jpg

In response to what is seen as a troubling rise in occult practices, a state in India has passed an expansive law which bans a vast array of black magic rituals.

Earlier this week, the Karnataka state government approved their 'Prevention and Eradication of Inhuman Evil Practices and Black Magic Bill.'

Known colloquially as simply the 'Anti-Superstition Bill,' the new regulations prohibit a remarkable number of esoteric rituals which range from the strange to the downright dangerous.

Included among the outlawed practices are walking atop hot coals as part of a religious ritual, calling upon ghosts to aid in a person's affairs, and telling an individual that they are possessed by evil spirits as a way of ensnaring them into servitude to those who use black magic.

Throwing stones at houses and heaving children upon a bed of thorns, ostensibly to cleanse them of negativity, are also banned by the bill as is beating a person who is believed to be suffering from demonic possession.

Additionally, attempting to seek hidden treasure or lost items by way of rituals purportedly allowing one to contact the proverbial 'other side' for guidance is no longer permitted in Karnataka under the law.

Ultimately, the bill is largely aimed at putting a stop to rituals where people are physically harmed or could be easily injured as more benign religious practices such as piercing a child's ears or holding festivals are still allowed.

And, indicating that not all esoteric arts are forbidden by the bill, the use of astrology for divination and guidance remains legal in Karnataka.

Whether the newly-passed law can eradicate the state's 'black magic problem' remains to be seen as belief in the power of these rituals has proven to be remarkably strong and prohibiting the occult practices could wind up only giving them more power in the minds on those who may turn to them.

Source: News18.com

Reactions: Paintman
This is redicolous. There are already laws to protect people from harming another.
Contacting the other side could include prayer. What is the real reason for this bill?

Reactions: Paintman
This is redicolous. There are already laws to protect people from harming another.
Contacting the other side could include prayer. What is the real reason for this bill?
I have another one to add to this when I can locate it, Lynne. The UN is now talking about restricting witchcraft as well. The thing is, it's a slippery slope, and what they are calling "witchcraft", isn't really witchcraft. It's the dark arts and black magic/satanic. But no line is being drawn here. It's all being thrown under one heading. I with you that prayer could be caught up in this..which is why it's a slippery slope!

And once again, witchraft and wicca are two different things. In this case, semantics may make a huge difference in what happens here.

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
I hope this doesn’t turn into another witch hunt

I hope this doesn’t turn into another witch hunt
Too late.

I see what they wish to do....ban black magic workings. However, I don't see how that is going to work. As Lynne said, there are already laws about harming others. I fear that this new approach will start getting specific on what is and is not covered and leave the door open to interfere with prayers and intentions. You can't legislate away intentions and thoughts. Next step will be like the witch trials....no proof but fingers pointed and any little old lady who has ever done an herbal cure will be thrown in jail for it OR, as they are already doing, the crowds will simply stone or beat them to death.

Many natural healers in 3rd world nations are already being killed daily when someone accuses them of failing to save a baby (midwifes), curing a disease, or simply when they need a scapegoat for something bad happening in their community. THAT'S what they need to legislate! No killing!

Too late.

I see what they wish to do....ban black magic workings. However, I don't see how that is going to work. As Lynne said, there are already laws about harming others. I fear that this new approach will start getting specific on what is and is not covered and leave the door open to interfere with prayers and intentions. You can't legislate away intentions and thoughts. Next step will be like the witch trials....no proof but fingers pointed and any little old lady who has ever done an herbal cure will be thrown in jail for it OR, as they are already doing, the crowds will simply stone or beat them to death.

Many natural healers in 3rd world nations are already being killed daily when someone accuses them of failing to save a baby (midwifes), curing a disease, or simply when they need a scapegoat for something bad happening in their community. THAT'S what they need to legislate! No killing!
I agree with you Debi. Let's hope wiser minds will prevail

Reactions: Taliesin
Insane. The "educated" people at the UN should know better. That's why I don't give them the benefit of ignorance. I actually accuse them of having ulterior motives, such as trying to eliminate anything that isn't an Abrahamic religion.

Reactions: NobleHouse and Debi
Insane. The "educated" people at the UN should know better. That's why I don't give them the benefit of ignorance. I actually accuse them of having ulterior motives, such as trying to eliminate anything that isn't an Abrahamic religion.
I would say any religion.

Reactions: Taliesin and Debi