6-18-2017 Sunday Live Thread

Just read "empaths". And reading about how we're really good at manipulating, if not masters of it, but we don't because of our morals. This probably explains why I've been able to pick out pimps, sociopaths as well as victims of such people.

As a matter of fact that's the reason why my wife and I thought of planning a "counter pimp" mission. Once were in the city(we live in a small town right now), we point out vulnerable women, I get them something to eat, offer a place to crash. But the moment she's in the car my wife and I explain to them who we are, and that what I just did is exactly how pimps lure women into prostitution. Then drive them to a shelter.

We haven't done *exactly*that, but we've helped women in dangerous situations before. but if you guys are up to a challenge, do your part on educating young women on this.

Sorry but thought I'd give that story out.

Just read "empaths". And reading about how we're really good at manipulating, if not masters of it, but we don't because of our morals. This probably explains why I've been able to pick out pimps, sociopaths as well as victims of such people.

As a matter of fact that's the reason why my wife and I thought of planning a "counter pimp" mission. Once were in the city(we live in a small town right now), we point out vulnerable women, I get them something to eat, offer a place to crash. But the moment she's in the car my wife and I explain to them who we are, and that what I just did is exactly how pimps lure women into prostitution. Then drive them to a shelter.

We haven't done *exactly*that, but we've helped women in dangerous situations before. but if you guys are up to a challenge, do your part on educating young women on this.

Obviously a little more than offering something to eat. There are a lot of psychological dynamics to making it work.

Theere are organizations out there that do street outreach to young women at risk. You might do some research in your area to find out what their approach is. It's an honorable intention, but you need to be careful out there and also know the legalities of what you might come up against.

we need a good movie I'm not 100% sure on white zombie
Let me look at what's back there that we haven't seen yet, Armand. We have some movies on hold we might want to look at.

Hi gang. Fun day navigating family issues lol. Home relaxing now. Blew my diet two days in a row. Hope everyone had a good Father's Day

Reactions: Debi
Hi gang. Fun day navigating family issues lol. Home relaxing now. Blew my diet two days in a row. Hope everyone had a good Father's Day
Hi Lynne! Hey, it's OK. The diet will always be waiting for us.

As for navigating family issues, we must be driving the same rocky roads lately. I feel ya!

Reactions: Lynne
Hi Lynne! Hey, it's OK. The diet will always be waiting for us.
I love my family but there's always that one that stirs the pot. usually my spoiled brother that likes to drink too much and show his butt. I'm exhausted from trying to keep the peace. I need a whistle and cuffs for the next get tog.

Reactions: Debi