3/4 Richard Estepauthor

Richard-Estep-Author.jpg

My love of all things ghostly began at a very young age, fed by staying in my grandparents’ haunted house in England and by a constant stream of binge reading at my local library (Syston Library, you’re the best!) I didn’t begin to actually investigate hauntings until the mid-nineties, but when I started, the bug bit me and hasn’t let go ever since. I took this passion with me when I moved to the United States in 1999, and finally formed the Boulder County Paranormal Research Society in 2006. It is still going strong today.

I started to write about my experiences in 2013, and now have a number of books that are either on the market or contracted to be released in the near future. I make my living as a paramedic and clinical educator for a private ambulance company. When I’m not doing that, I volunteer as a firefighter-paramedic, teach EMT and paramedic students at three different medical training establishments, and serve as an on-call communications technician/paramedic on a federal Disaster Medical Assistance Team (DMAT).

In the tiny amount of free time that does not involve paranormal investigation and writing about it, I am an unabashed geek, with a particular bias towards all things Star Wars. I have a Lego problem that may eventually require professional counseling if it gets any further out of hand. Perhaps above all else, I am a collector and reader of books.