Wow! I will have to think about all of this before I reply. It's a lot to take in. Thankyou for posting it!

Thanks for the comprehensive reply Benway.

If I’m keeping up with the sequences, you are still 21 years old, had the wee folks visit, but now that you’re leaving the park, you’re also walking into another paranormal event. Please reset my understanding Benway before your next post if I am lost.

Hey, as for the dragonflies...what if there are flocks of wee flying folks here in Florida but my mind is only able to see them as dragonflies? I swear that when they appear as solitary they seem to be more social. Most of the solitary dragonflies tend to just fly in and then fly out without circling much inside my yard. On the occassaion we notice that they do make a temporary stop, they tend to come up to me or my girlfriend...they fly up to us and hover in front of us for a few seconds. They hover facing us and most often at eye level. I think they like our eye glasses.

Reactions: Selectric and Lynne
Wow Benway, what a great experience. I can't wait to read more of your story! I keep waiting and hoping for something to happen to me. I think because I am not educated enough in how to allow these things to happen, and I need to learn more before I will have something happen to me. Same with UFO's or anything like it, I am open to it, I just don't know how to let it happen - if that makes sense. :confused:

Actually Sea,sometimes the less you know, the better. Knowing too much might cause one to discount the reality of what is occurring . As I said in my post,I had to resist not discounting some of the more cliche images, such as the Hobbit door. Instead of thinking, "oh I'm just projecting the Victorian images of faeries"perhaps the artists and I are seeing the same images because that is what they really look like! In my opinion, connection to Elementals ,requires an open heart, non judgmental mind, a belief in the possibility of their existence and a childlike sense of play. I feel this is why they appear so often to children. Elementals are there/here whether we see them or not.They exist.

Last edited:
Actually Sea,sometimes the less you know, the better. Knowing too much might cause one to discount the reality of what is occurring . As I said in my post,I had to resist not discounting some of the more cliche images, such as the Hobbit door. Instead of thinking, "oh I'm just projecting the Victorian images of faeries"perhaps the artists and I are seeing the same images because that is what they really look like! In my opinion, connection to Elementals ,requires an open heart, non judgmental mind, a belief in the possibility of their existence and a childlike sense of play. I feel this is why they appear so often to children. Elementals are there/here whether we see them or not.They exist.
Good points, Mizz Jadamzz

Thanks for the comprehensive reply Benway.

If I’m keeping up with the sequences, you are still 21 years old, had the wee folks visit, but now that you’re leaving the park, you’re also walking into another paranormal event. Please reset my understanding Benway before your next post if I am lost.

No reset required. WandS operating system has no errors.
I may not write up the next bit today. It's another biggy.

Last edited:
Reactions: WitchAndShaman
Benway, PLEASE continue your tale! I'm on the edge of my seat.
Yes,I too have had several fairy encounters, all of them in the Hebrides on the Isle of Iona and another on the Isle of Mull.
I can still hear the tinkling bell laughter-very high frequency buzz of their joyous laughter. Hard to explain.I found myself seated on a bench behind a well known fairy (sidhe) hill on Iona. It was mid-October and pissing down rain. I looked out at the machair (fertile low lying grassy plain found on part of the northwest coastlines of Ireland and Scotland that flows into the sand of a beach) and saw many brilliantly white seagulls.The thought suddenly came to that "What if those bird weren't birds?" I.e elementals in disguise.

Well,that's all it took... I suddenly felt myself pulled backward out of my body at a fast speed, onto the small dirt road upon which I had walked to get to the bench and before me ,were, what best can be described as 2 beings, about 15 inches high. They were male and female and frankly, looked very much like some of the garden gnome statues I have seen. Not the Disney-fied version, but rather like 2 country people with the pointed hats, woman was wearing an apron , no bright green colors, just normal folk but 15 inches high.Of particular note was that their faces were quite wizened and I remember thinking they reminded me of dried apple doll faces you see occasionally for sale at country fares.

These folks had been around a long time. What took me most by surprise was the emotion I felt from them. Like the best kind of unconditional,homey,cozy,safe grandparental love sent to me in waves. Now, I am cautious of most beings, otherworldly or not but these folk radiated such warmth ,I was immediately put at ease. Next thing I know,I am following them up to the fairy hill I mentioned previously (probably a 12 foot mound on an otherwise flat grassy area) but now I could see there was a wooden door (yes just like the Hobbit and Victorian paintings-I am a bit embarrassed to describe it as such because it seems so cliche ,but that's what I saw-) at the base of the moundl. The door opened and I peered down into what can only be described as a Fairy Ball. I felt I was looking from a vantage point approximately 30 feet up from the action. Everything was a beautiful, sparkly,twinkly golden color and the lighting was the same as if lit by a thousand candles. It seemed like there were well over a hundred well dressed, wee folk ;dancing a kind of medieval square dance, chatting in groups,meandereing ,drinking, eating and having fun. The colors and action had a light,tinkly golden vibration/tone all in a medieval setting. I will mention that this was about a week before Halloween(samhain).

Next thing I know I am at ground zero, apparently the same size as the wee ones and watching the party. I don't remember if I was speaking to anyone,I was revealing in the party atmosphere . Suddenly I saw a fairy waiter? bring up a golden tray with food and filled golden goblets. I remember clearly hearing in my head "Never accept food or drink from the Little people". I declined the invitation ,at which point,I immediately found myself sucked out of the Ball and transported back into my frozen body that was sitting on the bench .

I was understandably a bit discombobulated and exhilarated , so I headed back to my bedsit I had rented for my stay. Once I got into my room I immediately thought about warming up and getting out of my wet clothes. As I was removing my heavy jacket and shaking my head in disbelief about what had just occurred, I felt what can only be described as a giant winged something or other brush against my cheek as it fluttered out of the top of my jacket. I did not see it, but from the physical sensation,the wings must have been at least 5 inches in width each.

It's funny how quickly the brain wants to explain away anything that might not be easily explainable. My first thought was "Wow, the moths in this part of Scotland are huge!" And in that same moment I thought NO moth is that huge! So off went the jacket and I spent the next 30 minutes scouring every inch of my 8x4 foot room looking for it. There was just a bed and a sink and believe me,I crawled over every inch of that space but found nothing.

Hmmm , I thought ,and went to sleep with a smile on my face.
Thanks again. I hoped for some feedback when I posted this but wasn't expecting this! It would be easy to say "but I didn't see wizened apple faced gnomes" and leave it at that but the simularities are there. Your description of the laughter " I can still hear the tinkling bell laughter-very high frequency buzz of their joyous laughter. Hard to explain." could just as easily be a description of what I heard and the time of year is the same. And that odd thing with the winged thing at the end...

Differences. You felt that the couple you first met were old. In my case I felt that they were all young (at least by their standards) and might have snuck off to a place they weren't supposed to go. I have no justification for that as I couldn't understand a word of what they said. It's just the impression I got. Ha! "Now Aiefillir, stay near the fairy mounds! No popping up in random parks with no tradition! While you live under my mound you will obey my rules!"

The door. Please describe it! I'm imagining it as made of vertical planks of wood cut into a circle and painted green.

You went to a fairie party and got out! This was... I have no words. Any other details?

And was David Bowie there? (Sorry. Labyrinth and Laughing Gnome fan.)

Thanks again for sharing that! I'd read one account of somebody who saw a gnome and the story which Debi posted lately about fairies and the photographs, but though I think his art was inspired by something it was art. This is the first hint of anything like this I've heard that matches anything I experienced. That sound!

Reactions: Lynne
Oh... I don't think writing the next bit all in one go is going to be a good idea. I'm just going to write when I can.

21 part 2

It had to be about 1am. Time to go home. Feeling really good I got up and headed for the nearest gate. I went out and turned right towards home and took a step.

It's not like a sudden cut. There's a blur like being asleep and then

I'm terrified! That was everything. I wrote about unnatural fear in the other occurrences, but this was far beyond even that. The fear was so overwhelming that I had no idea who I was and not just where I was but the idea of being anything or anywhere. It was just fear and that was the world. Coming to my senses probably seemed to take longer than it did in that state flooded with adrenaline. I realised that I was somebody and that I was somewhere and that I had to keep running as fast as I could and not stop no matter what and not look back. Because they were behind me and couldn't catch me! That was not an option. I remembered who I was and everything I've related so far. I saw that it was night and that I was running through a suburban area on pavements past two storey houses. I didn't recognise anything. I realised that I was running across roads without looking but being hit by a car was nothing! I had to keep going! All of this was at a deep level, not conscious thought. I mentioned that I was a decent sprinter. I was sprinting at 100m dash speed but for far longer. I wouldn't have thought it possible and even taking into account the way that time seems stretched in stressful situations I must have covered a ridiculous distance! I'd made them angry! I had a stitch. Several! My legs were on fire and my heart was bursting. I was breathing in deep measured gulps, my lungs burning. I still can't believe how far I ran at that speed. It felt like I was tearing my body apart, but I knew that I'd made them angry and nothing was worth the slightest drop in pace.

Eventually I realised that nothing bad was happening to me and chanced a look back. Nothing. I kept running, but I came back to myself and realised that I was talking. I was reciting a long passage over and over like a mantra. I kept running but began to listen to myself. Please bear with me here, because this is where things get really strange.

It was a message. From me to me. I'd known I was going to lose all memory of what had happened so I'd begun to recite a list of facts and messages over and over so that it would be reflex and not require conscious thought. I listened to me.

I'm sorry but that's where I'm leaving it for today. The next part really is a monster of a post in content at least and is what I've desperately wanted to talk about. And besides who could resist a good cliffhanger like that? I felt I needed to tell the whole story first and have gotten more out of the discussion here than I'd hoped for. I never intended to ever tell anybody about this and at the time decided to abandon all enquiry into UFOs, close encounters and related subjects. I didn't write anything down (hence not having a date for this). My message also omitted things I thought I would be better off not knowing, but there's enough.

After nearly twenty years I've changed my mind though. So take this delay as a small one in the grand scheme of things.As for why I changed my mind? At the time the internet really wasn't a big thing. I found out about something that upset me, but which I could do nothing about, so forgetting it was the sane thing to do. Since then the internet has taken off and... I've watched in growing dismay as it's been overrun with the extraterrestrial hypothesis, ancient aliens, (US) government conspiracies and culminating in the disclosure movement, in which thousands believe without question in a story for which they have no proof, stop asking questions and place all hope in waiting for the government they accuse of being liars to validate them rather than asking questions!

I know as well as I can know anything that things thousands (millions?) of people think about UFOs and abductions and other subjects are just plain wrong and though I don't remember the important bits I know that some things are wrong and other people may be in a position to do something. I don't think that this forum is a place where anything I say will change the world but it is somewhere where I feel comfortable coming out about this and where I know I'll get some thoughtful feedback. I don't have any answers, but I do know that some things are just flat out wrong and that is helpful. And I think it's wrong to stay quiet about anything to do with this with the massive derailment of enquiry on the paranormal that has happened.

I hope that won't be taken as being pompous or self important. It's just something that bothers me and I don't delude myself into thinking that I know everything and don't want to give the impression that I am grimly typing away at The Truth. That attitude is a killer.

So I'll finish by saying happy birthday Jadamz!

;vo

Last edited:
Oh... I don't think writing the next bit all in one go is going to be a good idea. I'm just going to write when I can.

21 part 2

It had to be about 1am. Time to go home. Feeling really good I got up and headed for the nearest gate. I went out and turned right towards home and took a step.

It's not like a sudden cut. There's a blur like being asleep and then

I'm terrified! That was everything. I wrote about unnatural fear in the other occurrences, but this was far beyond even that. The fear was so overwhelming that I had no idea who I was and not just where I was but the idea of being anything or anywhere. It was just fear and that was the world. Coming to my senses probably seemed to take longer than it did in that state flooded with adrenaline. I realised that I was somebody and that I was somewhere and that I had to keep running as fast as I could and not stop no matter what and not look back. Because they were behind me and couldn't catch me! That was not an option. I remembered who I was and everything I've related so far. I saw that it was night and that I was running through a suburban area on pavements past two storey houses. I didn't recognise anything. I realised that I was running across roads without looking but being hit by a car was nothing! I had to keep going! All of this was at a deep level, not conscious thought. I mentioned that I was a decent sprinter. I was sprinting at 100m dash speed but for far longer. I wouldn't have thought it possible and even taking into account the way that time seems stretched in stressful situations I must have covered a ridiculous distance! I'd made them angry! I had a stitch. Several! My legs were on fire and my heart was bursting. I was breathing in deep measured gulps, my lungs burning. I still can't believe how far I ran at that speed. It felt like I was tearing my body apart, but I knew that I'd made them angry and nothing was worth the slightest drop in pace.

Eventually I realised that nothing bad was happening to me and chanced a look back. Nothing. I kept running, but I came back to myself and realised that I was talking. I was reciting a long passage over and over like a mantra. I kept running but began to listen to myself. Please bear with me here, because this is where things get really strange.

It was a message. From me to me. I'd known I was going to lose all memory of what had happened so I'd begun to recite a list of facts and messages over and over so that it would be reflex and not require conscious thought. I listened to me.

I'm sorry but that's where I'm leaving it for today. The next part really is a monster of a post in content at least and is what I've desperately wanted to talk about. And besides who could resist a good cliffhanger like that? I felt I needed to tell the whole story first and have gotten more out of the discussion here than I'd hoped for. I never intended to ever tell anybody about this and at the time decided to abandon all enquiry into UFOs, close encounters and related subjects. I didn't write anything down (hence not having a date for this). My message also omitted things I thought I would be better off not knowing, but there's enough.

After nearly twenty years I've changed my mind though. So take this delay as a small one in the grand scheme of things.As for why I changed my mind? At the time the internet really wasn't a big thing. I found out about something that upset me, but which I could do nothing about, so forgetting it was the sane thing to do. Since then the internet has taken off and... I've watched in growing dismay as it's been overrun with the extraterrestrial hypothesis, ancient aliens, (US) government conspiracies and culminating in the disclosure movement, in which thousands believe without question in a story for which they have no proof, stop asking questions and place all hope in waiting for the government they accuse of being liars to validate them rather than asking questions!

I know as well as I can know anything that things thousands (millions?) of people think about UFOs and abductions and other subjects are just plain wrong and though I don't remember the important bits I know that some things are wrong and other people may be in a position to do something. I don't think that this forum is a place where anything I say will change the world but it is somewhere where I feel comfortable coming out about this and where I know I'll get some thoughtful feedback. I don't have any answers, but I do know that some things are just flat out wrong and that is helpful. And I think it's wrong to stay quiet about anything to do with this with the massive derailment of enquiry on the paranormal that has happened.

I hope that won't be taken as being pompous or self important. It's just something that bothers me and I don't delude myself into thinking that I know everything and don't want to give the impression that I am grimly typing away at The Truth. That attitude is a killer.

So I'll finish by saying happy birthday Jadamz!

;vo

Good job Ben. On the edge of my seat. Bless you for sharing. Going to digest all that you’ve said while waiting for more.